WIP Revell 1/72 Halifax I/II

DJJunis

2 hours ago, Tempestwulf said:

I always put the parts in a large container when I can, helps with storage while things go ahead. Admittedly the Halifax is huge so you'd need a big one, but it's my preference anyway. Good for organising storage on the shelf of doom too :unamused:

Another great idea! Thanks!

All the Best!

Don

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Procopius said:

That's incredible work on the seats, wow.

Thank you Sir Edward of the North Shore!

it's all bent and soldered brass tubing and plastic. On the duel seat I did use the Eduard PE for the seat and back.

The throttle stalks were a bit fiddly. Those are stretched plastic rod with knobs of CACA has an excellent property I that it balls up on the end

of plastic, especially with just a hint of accelerator on you applicator. I use it for knobs and handles all the time.

Are you ready for the snow?

All the Best!

Don

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, DJJunis said:

Are you ready for the snow?

I had already asked for a work-from-home day (and got called "lame" for my pains by my boss), but I just got word that my employer is closed tomorrow on account of the storm...which so far has been nothing but a few flurries here. My wife hit the grocery store this evening, and we have enough cookies and pizza-making supplies to last us until we can hew a path through the snow to the car again.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2018 at 11:29 PM, Procopius said:

I had already asked for a work-from-home day (and got called "lame" for my pains by my boss), but I just got word that my employer is closed tomorrow on account of the storm...which so far has been nothing but a few flurries here. My wife hit the grocery store this evening, and we have enough cookies and pizza-making supplies to last us until we can hew a path through the snow to the car again.

I went out at 5:00 AM to get the walk and truck cleared and realized...not going anywhere and called in a vacation day. We ended up with 10+ and it looks like we may get some more tonight. We'll see.

gave me some more time to get the Halifax ready for some interior green.

• 3 weeks later...

Good Day All!

I had some time to make some progress on the Halifax. 

Thought I'd share some pics with you. I have one bulkhead left and a few additional bits

plus some additional painting and weathering before I'm calling it done as far as I'm willing to go. 
Enjoy the pics and as always comments are greatly appreciated.

All the Best!

Don

tz5SRkm.jpg

dBTfCoM.jpg

Ujs0zr9.jpg

ZQMpOBz.jpg

KjU0ri0.jpg

LNIAP3q.jpg

XVaf985.jpg

QfUFVQU.jpg

QcGNk8R.jpg

• Like 5

7 hours ago, dogsbody said:

Looking real good!

Thought I'd throw this in so there is a complete set.

Handley-Page Halifax a

Chris

Thanks for the comment and thanks for completing the set. 

All the Best!

Don

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

All,

Been working on the Halifax a bit more. Attached are the latest pictures. I decided to used the AML set for the "fix" to the engines. Not a perfect solution by any means but still looks better than the kit parts.  The fit of the AML parts is very good with only minimal filling with Tamiya primer and a sanding stick. I have reserved my Aeroclub sets for another couple of builds. The fit of the wings to the fuselage is exceptional. The pictures show them before any gluing. In any case enjoy the pics and any comments are welcome.

All the Best!

Don

9x2QQQjh.jpg

ZF0wRfXh.jpg

GBUtvuah.jpg

NS4785Th.jpg

tvA6Hxth.jpg

FX7y6bGh.jpg

MQxsMkJh.jpg

4bvOhh5h.jpg

dQ3Ww29h.jpg

• Like 1

Looking good! If you have the chance, you could consider getting rid of the dinghy hatch that's molded on the starboard wing by filling the panel lines - as the Granger drawings show, the hatch should only be on the port wing; the kit wings look to be molded symmetrically but they're not *exactly* symmetrical.