R.N. Wessex interior colours?

Dermo245

Hi all,

Would be grateful if anyone could help with best interior colours for a Royal Navy Wessex - I know the soundproofng was 'apple green' but just not sure about the main cabin/seats/cockpit, cushions etc.

Many thanks in advance!

Dermot

Hi Dermot,

My advice is pop on to Hendie's build 

and you'll find some great photos of Wessex 2's and 5's, especially around page 6. The main differance for a Mk5 is the Portside fwd three seats are in fact an Avionics cover, know as the coffin to the maintainers.

• Thanks 1

I'm not sure if the interior colors of the RAF HC. 2 and RN versions. If you are building the HAS. 3, you will find extensive detail photos in the Rotary Wing Aircraft Walkarounds section of this forum.

Also some useful color photos can be found in the 4+ publication's Westland Wessex.

Jun in Tokyo

https://www.flickr.com/photos/horaburo/albums

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The overall interior colour of Wessex Mk5s was a mid grey similar to Ocean Grey.Soundproofing as you say was 'apple green' but especially in the cabin it was discoloured by hydraulic/oil leaks.

Troop seats were blue with frames in medium green. If a seatray was fitted this could vary between light or dark green.

Cockpit seats were grey with dark green seat backs, PSPs yellow base with sheepskin tops.

Instrument panel was med grey with black coaming

• Like 1