Dornier Do17 Z-10 " Kauz" Kit Finished !

Goodmorning to All

For my first GB of 2018 I choice a 1/72 Revell kit, in fact this is a rebox of ICM kit.

A nice kit with beatiful detail, that I'll complete with some Eduard photoetched

This is a Dornier Do17 Z-10 " Kauz", in totally black camouflage, below box art and sprues.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_it

A nice weekend and GB to All

Ettore :bye:

Edited by Ettore
  • Like 13

Thanks V-P

Yesterday was a decent day modeling with the beginning of the Dornier, as always, from the cockpit.
first of all I removed all the details in relief from the radio instrumentation, in order to replace them with photoetched parts

Some internal grouting on the expulsion signs was necessary

Here are the first photoengraving, these are the supports of the cartridges of defensive weapons ...... they had a blunder!

Following the pilot compartment and panel instruments. A pill: this plane did not have the compass between the legs of  pilot, but it was positioned under the right side of the panel instruments, however, always to the right of the pilot there was a small plane with two compressed air cylinders ....... .. Let's see what happens next.........!

Take a nice Sunday !

Edited by Ettore
  • Like 5

Hope you enjoy this kit as much as I have.  Pure modelling pleasure: parts that fit like gloves, sharp edges where sharp edges should be, fine detail parts, lovely surface detail, very good internal detail from the box.  An example to certain other manufacturers we could name.

Sure seahawk! But lately, even Airfix has done a lot of things: the Do 17Z 1/72 is very nice, just like the Walrus 1/48 and still the Ju-87R-2 / B-2 1/48,
I have the last two and I hope to do it soon for a GB here

Hi All !
Now, I do not sleep anymore, a bit for work, a little because I train to take the second advanced drone pilot and so many other things that excite me and take away sleep, probably it is also the age ..... .... but the spirit of modelling is back, and this is important ...... I took advantage of this Sunday to go fast on build, and in practice I ended the cockpit. I sprayed the RLM 02 inside and after having lightened it slightly...............

I lightly washed with a green-gray "engine grime" from AK, then dried with a hair dryer and glued everything else, that I had prepared before.

I think by Thursday to close the fuselage

byeeeee
Ettore  :bye:
  • Like 16

This week was rich of little jobs on Dornier;

First, I built the bulkhead on the nose of the plane, and then a small plane with two compressed air tanks that were arranged between the pilot and his second

Finally I closed and glued the fuselage, using a small amount putty in small areas.

Now,a general view

The IR projector  hole was painted with a mix of black and blu,  after I glued the lens

Assembled also the tail and here a bit of Mister Surfacer to fill the cracks

Last step of this week, more laborious than the others, was the wheels bays, a mixture of photoetched and plastic that has unnerved me  just a little :angrysoapbox.sml: , the color is RLM02 Grau........obviously

And this is all........

Edited by Ettore
  • Like 10

Last update

I mounted the engines along with its exhausts on  wing and aside the naca waits to be glued; the exhausts are not  pipes type like the others Dornier, but crushed and light grey with smoked color traces, I got the color from a picture of a maintenance aircraft on Valiant publication.

Glue the naca, after a few hours I joined the wing to the fuselage and masked the upper and lower canopy, apart I colored the defensive weapons and cut at the base of the barrel, the part with handle and recovery shells was glued inside, in such a way that at end I'll glue the barrels. But in the picture you can not see ........ trust me

Once glued the weapons and the transparents, these have been fixed with adhesive tape, to avoid misunderstandings .....

The lower cannon received a nice hole with a thin hot needle, precision and delicacy made the shotgun credible ............ and on next step I can start with the coloring.

Edited by Ettore
  • Like 9

Thanks Stew and Zebra.........

but,  waiting for the totally black camouflage and we hope it will be good .....

• Like 1

Finally I terminated tha black camo black.......not too black

I chose not to give white primers everywhere, but to lighten only a few panels, both above and below.

So a general hand of black Gunze tire on the whole model.

Notice how the surface is not dark black, but quite rough.
I sprayed the black Japanese naca on those in this kit and then randomly another black mixed with dark blue.

The lower surfaces  have not been touched

The camouflage may look very gray and not very black, but imagine the wear due to the cold rain and natural corrosion in the air, also considering that these airplanes were hand painted and the brooms dipped in black paint
We continue with the decals and then we will see ..........

• Like 13

No Night_Flyer, I do not mind the roughness of the paint, after each session I rub gently with a microfibre cloth and the surface becomes smooth like that of a baby.

Ettore
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi people

It 's almost a month that I do not enter the forum, the reasons are many: work, a short holiday in Sicily by my elderly mother and a bit of seasonal illness.
since last Sunday I tried to make up for lost time, and at end I completed all the work.
we start with the decals and the paneling with a brown Van Dyke oil

as you can see from the photos,  lack some details; I glued them all together, made the antenna wire and at the end the model is finished

In reality it is not really finished, it lacks its base with a minimum of environment

A nice weekend to All !

• Like 14