STEEL PANTHER IN THE SNOW, PANTHER A 1/35 ITALERI

22 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Hi David,

there's nothing to apologize for, don't worry, sometimes these things happen ... lol
I'm glad you like it, I don't know if you've seen the WIP (I think there are photos of how it turned out), because this model was the first to completely finish when I returned to the hobby after more than 20 years, and I liked it as it was to my own surprise, in a short time I tried to improve, with the addition of other products to simulate snow ...
If I'm not mistaken, your favorites are the British AFVs? I have a Chaffy in the forum, if you are interested and have not seen it, let me know.
Cheers and TC
Francis.:thumbsup:

Hi Francis, I cannot find the forum with your Challenger, I am finding this site a small bit difficult to navigate at the moment. Have you a link that I can use. I have the Tamiya Challenger 1 MK3 and the Eduard PE set coming for it so I would be very interested to sen the forum 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, David Wallace said:

Hi Francis, I cannot find the forum with your Challenger, I am finding this site a small bit difficult to navigate at the moment. Have you a link that I can use. I have the Tamiya Challenger 1 MK3 and the Eduard PE set coming for it so I would be very interested to sen the forum 

Hi David,
Maybe I expressed myself badly, I said "Chaffy" understanding that it is for a "Chieftain", in any case they are similar vehicles, and you may be interested in seeing it and commenting on something ...
I would really like to see yours when he goes "into production" ... lol
I leave you a link with the RFI topic in which there is also a WIP in it at first, in case you would also be interested in seeing it ...
Cheers and TC

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Hi David,
Maybe I expressed myself badly, I said "Chaffy" understanding that it is for a "Chieftain", in any case they are similar vehicles, and you may be interested in seeing it and commenting on something ...
I would really like to see yours when he goes "into production" ... lol
I leave you a link with the RFI topic in which there is also a WIP in it at first, in case you would also be interested in seeing it ...
Cheers and TC

Doh! Ha ha, yes Chaffy is a Chieftain LOL

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/03/2021 at 17:50, supersonic said:

The extra work lifts this cat up to the next visual level, Well Done Francis!

Hans

Hi Hans,

Many thanks for your kind words, i'm glad you like it.

I think that the later work, although risky, because I think that the model is more difficult to handle once finished for me, IMHO improved the result.
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

• 7 months later...
3 hours ago, Lazy Modeller said:

¡Qué espléndida construcción tienes allí! Me encantó todo. Estilo fangoso como me encanta ...

Dime algo. Creo que usaste nieve Tamyia. ¿Puedes decirme cómo lo aplicaste? Gracias

Salud

LM

Hi LM,

Many thanks for your like and kind comments, i'm glad you like it. 

This was my first kit, back to the hobby for more than 20 years, and I think in WIP, there are photos of how it looked when I finished it, which encouraged me to continue ...
As I got up to date, I decided to publish it and take better photos, and having more new materials and a little more skill, I gave it a "review" to try to do better ...
In the first photos, the snow was just white paint dusted with the AB ... lol, but as soon as I saw snow for effects ... I tried at least 2 or 3, sorry I don't remember exactly, well a few years ago ...

Sure yes, I did not use Tamiya, I have very few materials from that brand.
The application was basically white carpenter's glue, diluted more or less (according to need), and the product that was a white powder (I think ANDREA brand), mix and once we have the desired texture, apply with a toothpick, old brush ... according to quantity needed and part to be covered.
once dry, it is very hard, then a little gloss varnish if you like.
Then I saw another product that is already "prepared" in a bottle, and is from the VALLEJO brand, from its ENVIROMENT series, acrylic, and with reference 73.820 SNOW (I don't know if it has changed).

I hope I have been helpful.
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

• Thanks 1

Definitely you did!Thanks for the tip. Old School technics still rolling! I also used to use a cleaning product to simulate the German white camo, but I be leave that doesn't exist any more, and my bottle dried...

Cheers

LM

• Thanks 1

On 14/11/2021 at 16:01, Xantippos said:

Very very realistic job, the shells look wonderfully realistic ;) .

Hi Xantippos,

Many thanks for your kind comments, i'm glad you like it.

Yep, they are brass, bought apart from the Tamiya brand, really cool ... lol
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

Edited by FrancisGL

On 17/11/2021 at 12:01, Homer said:

Excellent model, the weathering is very realistic feel cold just looking at it.A very well done 👏

HI Homer,

Many thanks for your like, and kind words, i'm glad you like it.

Someday, I would like to put it on a snowy base ...

Cheers and TC

Francis.👍

Edited by FrancisGL

• 3 months later...

Wow! What a great looking build!!!! This tank looks like it drove straight of the battlefield! Your weathering and chipping skills are topnotch!!! I lookedat the photo's several times and each time i see new details. 

A real inspiration!👍👍👍👍

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Maddoxx77 said:

Wow! What a great looking build!!!! This tank looks like it drove straight of the battlefield! Your weathering and chipping skills are topnotch!!! I lookedat the photo's several times and each time i see new details. 

A real inspiration!👍👍👍👍

Hi Maddoxx77,

Many thanks for your like and most kind words, i'm glad you like it.

I don't know if you'll be in addition to seeing the photos, you'll have the comments...lol.
Just in case, this is the first serious AFV that I finished when I returned to the hobby after more than 20 years, the previous one was an Italeri Tiger that was half finished, and that was the last thing I tried in my previous stage. ..I already managed to finish it with airbrush and new techniques, well enough for me to keep it, and take more detailed photos, although it soon went to the spare parts box, unfortunately, the photos were lost with many of the other models... most importantly though, thanks to him, my mojo had woken up after 20-odd years, and was hungry...lol.
The next one was this Panther...modesty aside, I myself was pleasantly surprised to see it finished, it wasn't easy, because I tried the tritone camo, the gray panzer, and finally before throwing it away, the winter camo...success... ..
Even so, having more materials, and a more refined update, I did a facelift...I think IHMO improved the previous result...(I think there are before and after photos to compare).
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

• Like 1