STEEL PANTHER IN THE SNOW, PANTHER A 1/35 ITALERI

Hi Francis don't go on this forum much anymore but I saw your name and thought I must have a look,well I was not disappointed,A top build,Fantastic weathering and every pic is a feast for the eyes,A true Master at work here,great to see.

Cheers Jim. 

• Thanks 1

On 07/10/2019 at 04:46, Jim Wasley said:

Hi Francis don't go on this forum much anymore but I saw your name and thought I must have a look,well I was not disappointed,A top build,Fantastic weathering and every pic is a feast for the eyes,A true Master at work here,great to see.

Cheers Jim. 

Hi Jim,
You are more than kind, I'm glad you like it, and that it was worth taking a look at the forum. IMHO, the "liftiing" didn't feel bad at all.
I took the photos with a reflex camera, so the quality, in theory, should be assured ... lol

I have also started to go through the forum again now, because I have also been "out" for a long time, although I have done the same as you, see what had been interesting ...

If you decide / you want to publish some of your work, I would like to see it.
Cheers Jim. 👍

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

im working on a frankentank its a t34/76 i am making it a captured early production model hull with a later production model turret 

my problem was finding stuff for the pioneer kit and ended up on a website that sells small props for stuff like doll houses and i found proper scale stuff like buckets, shovels, pickaxes and saws/ axes and other fun stuff so i just have to finish assembling and painting everything i have the two parts of my hull built, the suspension and turret assembled and now im excited because painting is my favourite part i intend to post pictures when im done

Edited by duskwolf
because i dont do the english well
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, duskwolf said:

im working on a frankentank its a t34/76 i am making it a captured early production model hull with a later production model turret 

my problem was finding stuff for the pioneer kit and ended up on a website that sells small props for stuff like doll houses and i found proper scale stuff like buckets, shovels, pickaxes and saws/ axes and other fun stuff so i just have to finish assembling and painting everything i have the two parts of my hull built, the suspension and turret assembled and now im excite because painting is my favourite part i intend to post pictures when im done

Hi duskwolf,

It is also my favorite part (and hated at the same time ... lol), because that's where really a bunch of plastic becomes a toy, to a detailed toy, and with the weathering something else, similar to a real model already .
I would really like to see your "Frankie".:zombie:...

Cheers mate 👍

On 06/12/2019 at 16:28, Andy350 said:

I now appreciate the efforts involved to create such a masterpiece.  Top of the highest quality.

Hi Andy,

Many thanks for your kind words, i'm glad you like it. There is a WIP thread, in which I comment a bit on the genesis of the model, which is very substantial when it comes to understanding the result.
Undoubtedly, you have to take your time to make everything we do look with a quality that satisfies us, only limited by the ability we are capable of and the materials we have at that time.
Particularly, I do not start another kit, if I do not think I have finished the one in my hands. There are modelers who are authentic "predators", and are capable of it, with excellent results in addition ...

Cheers Andy :cheers:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FrancisGL said:

Hi Andy,

Many thanks for your kind words, i'm glad you like it. There is a WIP thread, in which I comment a bit on the genesis of the model, which is very substantial when it comes to understanding the result.
Undoubtedly, you have to take your time to make everything we do look with a quality that satisfies us, only limited by the ability we are capable of and the materials we have at that time.
Particularly, I do not start another kit, if I do not think I have finished the one in my hands. There are modelers who are authentic "predators", and are capable of it, with excellent results in addition ...

I have a MiniArt Interior kit that I'm not looking forward to start If I'm honest.  I do tend to rush builds a bit.  I will have a look at your WIP.  Cheers.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Andy350 said:

I have a MiniArt Interior kit that I'm not looking forward to start If I'm honest.  I do tend to rush builds a bit.  I will have a look at your WIP.  Cheers.

I confess that I also have "another" in the stash, and the same thing happens to me ...:ghost: :D

I am waiting to have more "confidence in myself" and ability, because the interiors are something, in my opinion, different ...

Cheers Andy

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FrancisGL said:

I confess that I also have "another" in the stash, and the same thing happens to me ...:ghost: :D

I am waiting to have more "confidence in myself" and ability, because the interiors are something, in my opinion, different ...

Cheers Andy

Thanks.  I think I will either leave for a while or sell on.  The interior kits are really impressive, but I am not sure the interior will ever see light of day??  I'm going to work on the F-104 next, even though I really like the armour builds.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Hi Andy,

Hi Francis, do you have the link to the work in progress please? 

• Sad 1

On 19/01/2018 at 20:54, FrancisGL said:

Hi Pals, I think I can finish this upgrade / "face wash" of this model.

It has not been, let's say, very aggressive, because there is no metal element on it, of each and every one that can be added, only empty shells on top, although they are not attached.

The fear to ruin the kit, has been able this time more, because the plastic is not too good (if to that we add the time that I have since it was built in the factory).

Still, the products used to add, more than to simulate as before, the weathering, I think they have fulfilled their function.

I would like to put it on a base, and add some figure, but for now, I can not, for lack of technique and space, maybe later ...

Thanks for the comments about how to improve the finish. IHMO, I think it has deserved the effort, more than anything to see if at this time, I improved my technique somewhat, maybe, although I still have to continue persevering ...

Thanks as usual for watch and comment, cheers mates :D

Z48Yej3.jpg

cNDwxIZ.jpg

ubqZ9c3.jpg

1QGikGI.jpg

grTmkHo.jpg

KkUxQbM.jpg

P024G7b.jpg

ZRgAoRK.jpg

58rmpOI.jpg

9WfRv3p.jpg

1aMRcie.jpg

mIk6Zaf.jpg

Mzxfybm.jpg

Black background...

cSq6uM3.jpg

XZpwv99.jpg

7ky12sh.jpg

4GOwGBk.jpg

44iB3wN.jpg

l4K8NZ9.jpg

GDnmd55.jpg

vcDwZmq.jpg

43EmSyT.jpg

8YnTU3P.jpg

XZZWchw.jpg

awIwWUu.jpg

Tj8ac88.jpg

VNboWfa.jpg

SjtaOPn.jpg

With some picture effects...aka old pcitures or news images of the time

TJ1qav0.jpg

zxYLhh5.jpg

NowFrLA.jpg

Until next model....:lol:

Great work-lovley detals and zimmerit

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 19/01/2018 at 20:54, FrancisGL said:

Hi Pals, I think I can finish this upgrade / "face wash" of this model.

It has not been, let's say, very aggressive, because there is no metal element on it, of each and every one that can be added, only empty shells on top, although they are not attached.

The fear to ruin the kit, has been able this time more, because the plastic is not too good (if to that we add the time that I have since it was built in the factory).

Still, the products used to add, more than to simulate as before, the weathering, I think they have fulfilled their function.

I would like to put it on a base, and add some figure, but for now, I can not, for lack of technique and space, maybe later ...

Thanks for the comments about how to improve the finish. IHMO, I think it has deserved the effort, more than anything to see if at this time, I improved my technique somewhat, maybe, although I still have to continue persevering ...

Thanks as usual for watch and comment, cheers mates :D

Z48Yej3.jpg

cNDwxIZ.jpg

ubqZ9c3.jpg

1QGikGI.jpg

grTmkHo.jpg

KkUxQbM.jpg

P024G7b.jpg

ZRgAoRK.jpg

58rmpOI.jpg

9WfRv3p.jpg

1aMRcie.jpg

mIk6Zaf.jpg

Mzxfybm.jpg

Black background...

cSq6uM3.jpg

XZpwv99.jpg

7ky12sh.jpg

4GOwGBk.jpg

44iB3wN.jpg

l4K8NZ9.jpg

GDnmd55.jpg

vcDwZmq.jpg

43EmSyT.jpg

8YnTU3P.jpg

XZZWchw.jpg

awIwWUu.jpg

Tj8ac88.jpg

VNboWfa.jpg

SjtaOPn.jpg

With some picture effects...aka old pcitures or news images of the time

TJ1qav0.jpg

zxYLhh5.jpg

NowFrLA.jpg

Until next model....:lol:

Another great job Francis. I'm too scared to try a winter one 🤣

Another 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, David Wallace said:

Another 

Hi David,

Many thanks for your like and...cryptic comment :unsure:? ... lol..I take it for granted that you like the model ... or not? ... lol, a little more info would be much appreciated.:winkgrin:
I imagine that by having the whole series of photos in your quote, the text that you have taken the time to write, has been lost without noticing it and only the word "Another ..." remained.:doh:
If there is a special model that you would like to see, let me know, it may be that I have one of those published in the forum ...
Cheers and TC
Francis.:thumbsup:

• Haha 1

TBH i saw this thread name and was expecting something else (steel panther being a hair metal band lol) but i was not disappointed in the least, stunning work, almost makes me want to have a go at doing snow effects! 

Edited by WYATT
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Hi David,

Many thanks for your like and...cryptic comment :unsure:? ... lol..I take it for granted that you like the model ... or not? ... lol, a little more info would be much appreciated.:winkgrin:
I imagine that by having the whole series of photos in your quote, the text that you have taken the time to write, has been lost without noticing it and only the word "Another ..." remained.:doh:
If there is a special model that you would like to see, let me know, it may be that I have one of those published in the forum ...
Cheers and TC

Please accept my apologies Francis,

I had intended to say " Another super finish Francis, only wish I was brave enough to do a winter/snow finish on one of my builds".

I am not too sure what happened there. 

Sorry again!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, David Wallace said:

Please accept my apologies Francis,

I had intended to say " Another super finish Francis, only wish I was brave enough to do a winter/snow finish on one of my builds".

I am not too sure what happened there. 

Sorry again!

Hi David,

there's nothing to apologize for, don't worry, sometimes these things happen ... lol
I'm glad you like it, I don't know if you've seen the WIP (I think there are photos of how it turned out), because this model was the first to completely finish when I returned to the hobby after more than 20 years, and I liked it as it was to my own surprise, in a short time I tried to improve, with the addition of other products to simulate snow ...
If I'm not mistaken, your favorites are the British AFVs? I have a Chaffy in the forum, if you are interested and have not seen it, let me know.
Cheers and TC

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WYATT said:

TBH i saw this thread name and was expecting something else (steel panther being a hairy metal band lol) but i was not disappointed in the least, stunning work, almost makes me want to have a go at doing snow effects! 

Hi WYATT,

I admit that the name is quite "heavy" ..., but our passion is not too ... lol.
I'm glad you like the finish, it can always be improved, but I was quite happy with how it looks.
It's true that winter camo "scares" a bit, and it has to be very well done, IMHO, to be convincing.
At the moment it is the only one I have, although I do not rule out a Russian tank later, which I would love ...
Cheers and TC