STEEL PANTHER IN THE SNOW, PANTHER A 1/35 ITALERI

On 19/3/2018 at 22:29, RMCS said:

A master class

You are very kind, I would love it that way, but IHMO was not bad, I still have a lot to learn and improve.
Anyway, I'm glad you like it and I appreciate your interest and more than kind comment.:yes:

Cheers RMCS :thumbsup:

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, witjas4 said:

:goodjob:, nice add-on's.

Have a question: the third shackle in the back is needed for something or just missed ? ;)

Many thanks, i'm glad you like it. With respect to the question, well I had not realized that there were three shackles in the back, one on the left and two on the right, is the first case of this that I see, because they are usually a pair back and another in the front.
I'm sorry to tell you that I do not know why this is.

Cheers mate 👍

Edited by FrancisGL

21 minutes ago, FrancisGL said:

Many thanks, i'm glad you like it. With respect to the question, well I had not realized that there were three shackles in the back, one on the left and two on the right, is the first case of this that I see, because they are usually a pair back and another in the front.
I'm sorry to tell you that I do not know why this is.

Cheers mate 👍

If I were you, I would just cut off the third one, cause it just a mistake ;)

P.S. I just posted my Panther model which I finished recently.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, witjas4 said:

If I were you, I would just cut off the third one, cause it just a mistake ;)

P.S. I just posted my Panther model which I finished recently.

I've been looking at photos of Panthers (real, though not enough ...), and I have not seen any with 3, it's easy to fix, although I'll make sure before, if possible ... lol.
I have finished my last model, in the WIP section, (a JAGDPANZER IV L/48 Italeri), waiting to take quality photos for the RFI section.

Before doing them (I do not know when I will have time), if you are interested you can take a look, to see if you discover any "surprise" like this, because even I had not seen it, although in the plane of the kit, it would come, I suppose ...

Cheers mate 👍

Edited by FrancisGL

it’s a Panther fest! the zimmeret really is effective and the snow camp and weathering overall are excellent. Need to get mine finished now, great job, excellent photos as well 🙂

• Thanks 1

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 19:58, Yetifan said:

it’s a Panther fest! the zimmeret really is effective and the snow camp and weathering overall are excellent. Need to get mine finished now, great job, excellent photos as well 🙂

Many thanks for your kind words, i'm glad you like it, Zimm , they were pieces of plastic in the same way as the side where they were going to be, which included the kit, and less, because they covered some gaps between pieces ... scandalous ... lol

Cheers Yetifan 👍

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Francis, 

your modelling is inspirational. 

May I ask what are the aftermarket tracks you have used.  I am returning to modelling after many years making the Tamiya 35065 Panther Ausf.A. 

I am looking at the Fruil Tracks but am confused as to which set to buy. 

kind regards

Gary

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Gary 1960 said:

Hi Francis, 

your modelling is inspirational. 

May I ask what are the aftermarket tracks you have used.  I am returning to modelling after many years making the Tamiya 35065 Panther Ausf.A. 

I am looking at the Fruil Tracks but am confused as to which set to buy. 

kind regards

Gary

I think I mentioned it at the time, but it does not matter, the tracks of "my Panther" ... lol, they are OOB, that is, they are the same ones that the kit originally brought.

In this case they are vinyl tracks, maybe not too good, and to fix them, I had to use staples in the union, super-glue and a transparent line to imitate the fall of them on the wheels. All this, properly masked with the weathering.
I suspect that just like you, I was a bit "lost" with the theme, because this kit was the first one that ended completely in my return to the hobby after 20 or 25 years ...

Needless to say, that add-on type tracks, for example, did not even know they existed.

The kit you mention, includes some vinyl tracks, although they are the most basic that we can use today, being Tamiya, they have a good quality, once finished they are very convincing (mine were certainly much worse than yours , and if I'm not mistaken you thought they were Friuls ... hopefully ... lol).

The other model that you mention, if you have a Friuls, magnificent, what can I say...

For your model would be the ATL-33, with a price of about € 27, plus shipping costs, that depending on where you live, can Be a "stick to your wallet" ... lol.

You have to take that into account, because the complete kit will cost more or less that (even less), and if I'm not mistaken, it's an oldie, so even though Tamiya (fit and very good IMHO instructions), it will be very basic in detail. Today there are molds of other brands for € 25-35 that are much higher in quality.

A detail to keep in mind, is that according to the kit, it may be that when you go to adjust the Friuls to the traction wheels / tensioners, do not fit, and have an ugly problem, not so easy to fix ...

There is an intermediate option, which are the plastic link-to-link tracks, which give a quality (if you know how to work, I still need to improve), excellent, and the price, easy, can be half of a metal.

If you are starting with the hobby again, my advice is that before you see how you are "rusty" with your skills. If the result you get is to your liking / promising, later it attacks the metal tracks (without forgetting those of plastic link-to-link, of great variety/qualities/diffculty).

I hope I have helped you with the matter, and sorry for the "brick of text" ... lol

Cheers Gary 👍

"

If you are starting with the hobby again, my advice is that before you see how you are "rusty" with your skills. If the result you get is to your liking / promising, later it attacks the metal tracks (without forgetting those of plastic link-to-link, of great variety/qualities/diffculty).

I hope I have helped you with the matter, and sorry for the "brick of text" ... lol"

Francis:  Thank you so much for your comprehensive reply.   Wise words which I will follow.  My daughters are buying me a Christmas gift of a Tiger in 1/35th scale, with a reference book.  This will be fun!

Kind regards

Gary 

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I was thinking about getting rid of that Italeri kit with molded in zimmerit.

Now that I've seen your stunning work, I'm not so sure anymore. Might take a swing at it and hope it will end up half as good as your own.

Thanks for the numerous pics too!

Ciao

Iwik

• Thanks 1

On 25/09/2019 at 11:05, iwik said:

Hi!

I was thinking about getting rid of that Italeri kit with molded in zimmerit.

Now that I've seen your stunning work, I'm not so sure anymore. Might take a swing at it and hope it will end up half as good as your own.

Thanks for the numerous pics too!

Ciao

Iwik

Many thanks for your kinf words.

I have to say that it was my first complete model in the return to the hobby after more than 20 years, and that I had it stored as about 12 years in a closet.

When I decided to go for it, it was very close several times to go to the trash, but it looked like a very complete kit, even wearing Zimm, obviously unaware how much the world of modeling had changed.

This kit, according to review, had inaccurate dimensions (I have not stopped to see what they were ...), and the turret does not rotate 360º without at any time rubbing against any part of the top ...

Also, when I started to join the pieces of the hull, there were some large spaces in certain parts that made me shiver, how was I going to fix that? ...
Fortunately, with Zimm's pieces, all were covered ...

It is still a "fudge", but ... here is the finished model ... and after a face lift, it was better (IMHO) ...

I don't know if your kit will have a new tool, correct that, but mine has that. I hope it helps, if you decide to give it a try.

Cheers mate 👍

On 04/10/2019 at 23:35, Nikolay Polyakov said:

Beautiful work, Francis! Exceptional weathering and the snow looks like real. :like:

;Many thanks for your kind words, i'm glad you like it, I don't know if I commented, but the snow, I think at least they are two different products, because I was testing ...

Cheers Nikolay 👍

• Like 1