STEEL PANTHER IN THE SNOW, PANTHER A 1/35 ITALERI

On 4/2/2018 at 01:33, DJJunis said:

Francis,

Your Panther is stunning! I absolutely am blown away by the winter camo and the weathering. 

Just a fantastic replica.

All the Best!

Don

Many thanks for your kind words, and your time to comment, i'm glad you like it, cheers Don :yes:

On 14/2/2018 at 00:52, stips said:

Panthers are my weakness, I currently have 3 in the work:D

The panther you made is very nice.

Weathering is great.

It would be nice to see it on a dioram, because it definitely deserves some good ground:wink:

Many thanks for your kind words and time to comment, I would love to see them when they are finished, or if you decide to make a thread with the WIP, your Chevy looks great, so a Panther, will be a beauty ...
The basis that as you say would suit you very well, maybe with time you decide to try it, but I'm a newbie with that theme ...

Cheers stips :yes:

12 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Many thanks for your kind words and time to comment, I would love to see them when they are finished, or if you decide to make a thread with the WIP, your Chevy looks great, so a Panther, will be a beauty ...
The basis that as you say would suit you very well, maybe with time you decide to try it, but I'm a newbie with that theme ...

Cheers stips :yes:

TNX FrancisGL

Once more finger up for your work:yes:

I'm just preparing WIP one of my panthers.

I hope you will follow the works, because I will need many tips.

Also I'll need your advice too.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

You know I would have been happy with it before you started to give it a face lift but now.....well, let's say the effort was worth it as it's outstanding, the

old Italeri kit has a new lease on life.

Great job again Francis.

Lloyd

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BlackMax12 said:

You know I would have been happy with it before you started to give it a face lift but now.....well, let's say the effort was worth it as it's outstanding, the

old Italeri kit has a new lease on life.

Great job again Francis.

Lloyd

Many thanks for your kind words Lloyd, i'm glad you like it, It seems that it was worth it (and I did not ruin what was already there).

Welcome back to forum, for some time I did not see any post yours, I hope it was not due to illness or something similar, but for something more pleasant than the forum.

Cheers Lloyd :cold:

Thanks Francis

No not sick or anything just depressed after I ruined that Meng Panther A and the Merkava 3D so I just decided to take a break.  I build stuff pretty quickly

and may be just a little burnt out, that Mirror Models wrecker was a challenge and it sort of slowed me down.  I'll never build anything on a commission again.

I'm still waiting on that 1/16 Trumpeter Jagdtiger since September and apparently there is a 1/16 King Tiger with the Porsche turret coming with it so I've

been holding off on any more 1/35 scale kits.  Must say I'm pretty tempted with that new Rye Field Panther G with the interior though and the new Meng

Merkava 4M looks darn attractive too.

I also went through my collection and scrapped 30 or so of the older kits that were duplicates or just not up to snuff or I got tired of looking at. That

leaves room for some of the latest stuff as the new kits are so much better.  I usually don't go back and revisit or try to improve any of the older models as there's

so much new why bother.

Take care,

Lloyd

Edited by BlackMax12
  • Sad 1

On 10/3/2018 at 20:55, BlackMax12 said:

Thanks Francis

No not sick or anything just depressed after I ruined that Meng Panther A and the Merkava 3D so I just decided to take a break.  I build stuff pretty quickly

and may be just a little burnt out, that Mirror Models wrecker was a challenge and it sort of slowed me down.  I'll never build anything on a commission again.

I'm still waiting on that 1/16 Trumpeter Jagdtiger since September and apparently there is a 1/16 King Tiger with the Porsche turret coming with it so I've

been holding off on any more 1/35 scale kits.  Must say I'm pretty tempted with that new Rye Field Panther G with the interior though and the new Meng

Merkava 4M looks darn attractive too.

I also went through my collection and scrapped 30 or so of the older kits that were duplicates or just not up to snuff or I got tired of looking at. That

leaves room for some of the latest stuff as the new kits are so much better.  I usually don't go back and revisit or try to improve any of the older models as there's

so much new why bother.

Take care,

Lloyd

Ouch!, that must hurt ... lol, 30 kits that you no longer have ?, I also stayed with at least 10% (about 20, I calculate) of the previous stage of the hobby, and now having revisited some of those models, that slept in boxes for years, I did not have It makes a lot of sense to try to do something better with them, but yes, I do not know if it will be useful, but they are a great source of spare parts (I have at least 3 boxes of pieces), and at least leave some assembled to make tests (no shot ... lol), of paintings and other techniques.

Cheers Lloyd :yes: