Short SC.5/10 Belfast

Love it. Nice work and educating build along the way. Majkes me want one to add to my collection of types I've flown in.

Just one comment,  between the windshield and cockpit side windows, is that frame not a little too wide. It just looks a little odd, Just saying.😶

On 05/06/2018 at 08:31, Paul J said:

...............between the windshield and cockpit side windows, is that frame not a little too wide. It just looks a little odd, Just saying.😶

very likely, I didn't have any plans to work to so I made the decals and tried to fit them to the contours.

Mike

• 5 months later...

Nice model, though from an alterative universe. Belfast entered RAF service in 1966. Bloodhound Mk 1 was phased out of RAF service in 1964. Belfast's did shift a lot of Bloodhound Mk 2's but not on a trailer towed by a Landrover. Of course the same problem existed with the RAF Hercules, the aircraft wasn't even ordered until after Bloodhound Mk 1 was gone, though the RAAF did move their Mark 1 missiles in C-130's as they did have both in service at the same time. However in real life the upper boost motor fins had to be removed to get the missile and trailer into the aircraft.   

I received a report that the image links in this thread had broken.  Although it is an old thread, it could still be interesting, and possibly useful, to others so all corrected now. Thanks for the heads-up on this @rob Lyttle

Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2