Short SC.5/10 Belfast

No worries about that,  I took loads of photo's whilst at the recent Cosford show.  I'm not that concerned where everything goes on the ramp as I intend to put something there to distract attention! :spider: Thanks for the offer.

Mike

• Like 1

Only a few days left of the GB and I'm still plodding on.  A refuelling boom has been constructed and set in place atop the fuselage.   Also, the broken prop has been repaired and is ready for painting along with others.

spacer.png

I started to apply the decals, firstly with the Air Support Command titles; however the large upper wing roundels disintegrated, so I have had to remove them. They were spares as there weren't any roundels with this second-hand kit.

spacer.png

I shall have to go and trawl through my spares box, to see if there are any of the same size, otherwise I shall have to try and fashion some with Inkscape. Problem is that I'm not sure of the colours or sizes.  Sounds silly not knowing the colours of red, white and blue but I mean which of those primaries to shade them.

spacer.png

Ah well, must get on.

Thanks for looking.

Mike

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On the  last lap now, I hope.  The cockpit glazings have been done; I did a dark and light set.  I think the light set looks to be more suited to airliners and so have chosen the dark set for the Belfast.

spacer.png

I managed to find some overwing roundels from an Anigrand kit, so that's sorted.  The decals for the various cabin windows, red fire-fighting points and the serials have been produced, as can be seen below, and just need sealling ready for applying.

spacer.png

Other items in view above are: the aircrew door, with the steps, which can be seen beside the decal sheet;  the remaining doors and hatches, set on a piece of plastic ready for painting, and one more to the left of the starboard wing.

I managed to knock the refuelling pod off the fuselage and will refit it later, along with the refuelling probe which has been sourced from Master Models.

Thanks for looking.

Mike

• Like 5

Thanks BK.  Yes, that prop is going to be handled very carefully indeed; I don't want a repeat at this late stage.

Mike

• Like 1

I think I've done enough for today and need to rest my eyes.

All of the decals are now on,  as are the hatches.

spacer.png

Just need to position the aft port and starboard doors, install the refuelling boom, then attach the propellers.

spacer.png

Should then just finish up with painting the anti-dazzle patch on the nose; followed by a coat of Klear.

spacer.png

One final blitz at these remaining tasks tomorrow, then take some photo's for the gallery and that should do it.

Thanks for looking.

Mike

• Like 7

Cracked it!  :yahoo:or did it crack me?? :shrug:

I've finally finished the old girl and here she is:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

and here is a little tittilation for the Gallery!

spacer.png

Thanks for all the support, contributions and encouragement;  I have enjoyed this build/conversion/scratchbuild and might do another transport at some time.

Mike

• Like 14

Very good ,very Brize . Great Paint finish , decs all of it . C/pit windows came out well , the ground clearance came out well . You can be proud of that job.

Just need B Shift's Cpl Snowy White reversing the Role Equip tin top Bedford TK in up the ramp and crunching the Stbd tail strake ,1972 .

Great job, thanks for the wip and showing us.  :clap2:

Thanks everyone.  I think a model tends to look good (not necessarily very good) at the end if you enjoyed doing the build and I certainly enjoyed this.  It seems silly to say, at my age, but I'm still learning; because I've normally done grey; either naval ships or military jets.  All my builds for 2018 have been either NMF; Orange & red; red, yellow & blue, or white & blue and I'm getting to enjoy building things with these bright colours :coolio:

Mike

Great job. I've two of the Welsh Models Belfasts and I'd be happy to get them within a country mile of that.

I've been having this pipedream lately about getting RP-C8020 to Cultra.  I'm sure I'm being entirely impractical!

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/3/2018 at 12:06 AM, stringbag said:

Missed this one Mary.

On 6/3/2018 at 7:47 AM, bootneck said:

Thanks Christine

So that's what you two get up to at the weekend then!

Good job on the Belfast Mike. I've often thought about doing some RAF transports.

Well done with the decals too. I posted the Pacific Western decals today so they should be with you shortly.

Cheers,

Ian