This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Paramedic

Tarangus AJSF 37 Viggen, photo recce

Thanks, I´ll have a look at that. :)  I would have been a little worried if I had used any of the resin ones since they are much bugger and more detailed. But I am not sure anything will really be seen that easily here anyways..😯 But I´ll definetly have a look on it. Part of building them is to learn more about to me, unknown things anyways!

Yeah, I will probably get there but not until next year, Spring-Summer..

I am really slow this time.. But had some visitors in my little apartment the last week so.. :)

30727901457_b9a0ea4604_z.jpg

A shitty pic inside.. That safety handle for the chair is really bugging me though..

44943623364_f31b71d9cc_z.jpg

Aaand.. For some reason I glued the AJSH nose cone together, just in case.. ;) I will build one since I just have a thing for these big, manly ASMs..

Filled the nose cone with 6mm lead bullets and it will need filler and stuff. But hey! I´ll need it some day so.

45617962222_e2d85ecf04_z.jpg

lol - I am so bad.. :)

Once again did not model anything for months, dunno why.. Too many series to watch, games to play and too much time in the gym and the trail.. But now I am back into it, again..😚

And now it IS going to be a SWAFRAP AJSF 37. I need that grey bird. Took out the recce nose and looked at the parts. Thinking about just spraying the inside black once the lenses are in place. Leaving the outsides clear and shiny - but not sure.. There will be some weights in there as well, probably needed since I have some AM stuff. Decided to use the flaperons, chaff- and flare dispensers and both camera pods.

47830680602_c505dfb974_h.jpgIMG_6834

Working on the RAT, plastic one for this model.

Thanks trickyrich for some needed motivation to get going again.. ;)

That @trickyrich sure owes me money too!

I just bought an AJ Viggen (at half price though!). Great to ser that you're back on the AJSF, Para!

Ah you did, nice! 2nd hand or just lucky? ;) I need atleast another box - don´t have the plastics but the rest for my Di... 😎

I had planned to base coat some of the stuff - but I did not have any cotton buds at home.:! Need them..

Instead i opened some of the AM stuff and cleaned it up. They are nicely moulded, great details and not uch effort was needed to clean them up.

I am unsure about the plastic RAT-unti however. Will probably not use it(maybe the fan part, i awlays break the resin fins..). The resin part will require a bigger opening in the fuselage however..

47900486591_3308930f58_h.jpgIMG_6836

47848432302_716be9be07_h.jpgIMG_6841

I got lucky so to speak. The rather nifty hobbyshop in Borås is closing down and he's running clearance sale until the end of may. 50% off for everything! Since my stash is quite overflowing right now I didn't go totally crazy....

Very strange that the resin-RAT is that much larger?

Also, that extra sprute that Special Hobby offers now, is that also applicable for the AJ family?

3 hours ago, Christer A said:

I got lucky so to speak. The rather nifty hobbyshop in Borås is closing down and he's running clearance sale until the end of may. 50% off for everything! Since my stash is quite overflowing right now I didn't go totally crazy....

Very strange that the resin-RAT is that much larger?

Also, that extra sprute that Special Hobby offers now, is that also applicable for the AJ family?

Ah - are they online?

Yeah.. This is the Maestro RAT, iirc Pilot Replica´s was slightly smaller. it was different anyways. A wild guess actually makes the Maestro one too large but I could be wrong..

Oh yes! It´s got that shark fin antenna, the canards are the same, the RAT is there and there are the extra, or missing supports for the intakes etc. Can´t find it on rebell.com anymore though? 😕 Pretty sure it is in the SWAFRAP-box but not in this first recce box with the splinter Viggens at on the front.

Sorry, They closed down their page a while ago, so you just need to follow dinominhobby on facebook in order to catch their opening hours, and they are not many.

Pilot Replicas RAT looks very much like I remember that bay from back in the days. Too bad that PR stuff are getting harder and harder to come by :(, and if you do, it's very expensive!

Right, the extra sprue is needed then!