Italeri "new" (reissue, repop, rebox etc.) in 2018 - Catalog 2018 online

Homebee

On 8/4/2018 at 8:48 PM, Homebee said:

Released - ref. 1411 -  LTV A-7E Corsair II

Source: https://www.italeri.com/scheda.asp?idProdotto=2739

V.P.

Some googling tells me this is the old Esci mold, old but by no means bad, Modellingmadness rate it second to the Fujimi one, try finding one of them for less than extortionate prices now, I think I can see one of these and a hawk in my future.

Steve.

2 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

Some googling tells me this is the old Esci mold, old but by no means bad, Modellingmadness rate it second to the Fujimi one, try finding one of them for less than extortionate prices now, I think I can see one of these and a hawk in my future.

Steve.

I can see me getting one as well when I get round to a corsair over the HB one (which I didn't know was inferior) I like the green tailed option 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A lot of funny typos on the profiles for the Yunkers Yu 86,

Jellow for yellow ... and Luftstreikrafte instead of Luftstreitkräfte ...

And it should read Wien not Vien

Nevertheless I will buy one for the interesting decal options alone

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Think I'll have to get one or two of these, not many companies are doing seven markings options in one kit anymore.

Paul Harrison

On 10/4/2018 at 12:24 PM, occa said:

and Luftstreikrafte instead of Luftstreitkräfte ...

And it should read Wien not Vien

Not to mention that in 1939, Austria didn't exist as a seperate nation anymore since the Anschluss was in 1938... 

Even so, nice decal options. Does anyone know if the Ju 86 had the same underfuselage gun turret as the Ju 52 bomber variants?

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Hook said:

Not to mention that in 1939, Austria didn't exist as a seperate nation anymore since the Anschluss was in 1938... 

Even so, nice decal options. Does anyone know if the Ju 86 had the same underfuselage gun turret as the Ju 52 bomber variants?

Cheers,

Andre

No, it was a different turret. The Ju86's retracted vertically, up into the belly of the aircraft, while on the Ju52, the part that contained the gunner just swung up to the rear when not occupied.

Chris

On 10/5/2018 at 8:48 AM, SleeperService said:

B-25 Nice timing for the B-17 STGB. That lower turret will help with -E's a great deal. The nacelle fronts look a little off though, hopefully the opening can be enlarged without too much trouble... 

That's been a known problem with the Accurate Minitures kit since it was released

9 hours ago, colin said:

That's been a known problem with the Accurate Minitures kit since it was released

That's a relief then as there should be replacement parts available if needed. I think I can see one winging it's way to SleeperCentral pretty soon :D

On 10/8/2018 at 12:01 PM, Albeback52 said:

Delighted to see the Junkers Ju 86 again. Hope they find the time to reissue the D version as well. I will "need" a few of these!!:lol:

Allan

It has been repopped a few years back and shouldn't be hard to find:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/193463-italeri-114-junkers-ju86d1

HtH,

Andre

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/7/2018 at 10:03 PM, dogsbody said:

No, it was a different turret. The Ju86's retracted vertically, up into the belly of the aircraft, while on the Ju52, the part that contained the gunner just swung up to the rear when not occupied.

Sorry for the belated reply - thanks!

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Learstang said:

I like the SAAF option for the Ju-86 - perfect for my East African Campaign set.

Regards,

Jason

I have an old IPMS US Journal where Eddy Waas converted two Ju86's ( one was the airliner version ) into a SAAF bomber.

Chris

Edited by dogsbody
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, dogsbody said:

I have an old IPMS US Journal where Eddy Waas converted two Ju86's ( one was the airliner version ) into a SAAF bomber.

Chris

Chris, I actually have the airliner kit and was thinking of doing the same thing. Now I won't have to. The one thing I'm wondering about is I believe the SAAF Ju-86 had Lewis guns, not MG17s, or whatever the standard German fit was. However, I believe I can scrounge up at least three Lewis guns from my parts boxes.

Regards,

Jason