Italeri "new" (reissue, repop, rebox etc.) in 2018 - Catalog 2018 online

Homebee

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2018 at 11:48 AM, Albeback52 said:

Five shades of grey!:(. Yuk!

Make it 50 shades and it instantly gets more interesting. And you get more google hits with your build thread...

That 1/48 F-4J looks like a much-modded Esci mould, especially in the cockpit. I assume the two lower fuselage sections on the fuselage sprue are for the recent RF‘s that Italeri extrapolated from the Esci moulds?

On 5/4/2018 at 8:27 PM, Homebee said:

Released - 1/72 - Lockheed Martin F-35A Lightning II CTOL version

https://www.italeri.com/scheda.asp?idProdotto=2699

1409_box.jpg

1409_profWEB-A-LR.jpg

1409_profWEB-B-LR.jpg

1409_profWEB-C-LR.jpg

1409_profWEB-D-LR.jpg

1409_profWEB-E-LR.jpg

V.P.

Grey they may be, but after seeing three of these fly over London during the RAF flypast on Tuesday I'd really like to build one.

They looked (and sounded) really quite special!

• Like 1

On 6/30/2018 at 8:03 PM, PhantomBigStu said:

That hawk even with the kits canopy issue is very tempting 

On 7/1/2018 at 2:16 PM, Truro Model Builder said:

Yes, there are at least three decal options I like. Might be worth it just for the sheet.

Same here, I'm tempted to get one just for the decal sheet. Apart from the stencils, that look to me the usual oversized Italeri ones...

3 hours ago, tempestfan said:

That 1/48 F-4J looks like a much-modded Esci mould, especially in the cockpit. I assume the two lower fuselage sections on the fuselage sprue are for the recent RF‘s that Italeri extrapolated from the Esci moulds?

Can you see if Italeri has included the RF clear parts ? The windscreen was the main accuracy issue of the Esci kit but IIRC the Italeri RF had a new windscreen that looked much better

They haven't included the new clear part; the clear sprue is the same as in the original ESCI version, with some damage repair to windscreen, so the frame on it has been mostly polished out (which is not a bad thing, as the frame was too thin anyway).

They did include the new exhaust nozzles, which are a big improvement on the original ESCI ones. These have some depth and an incorrect afterburner spray bar part which has 8 spokes and 1 ring, instead of 7 spokes and 3 rings. There are also no inner nozzle petals, but the outside is pretty good.

Edited by Vladan Dugaric

• 3 weeks later...