Post War - 1950s 1/72 RCAF style black letters

Wm Blecky

I hope someone here can help me with this.  I am sure that at one time, someone (Leading Edge, Arrow Graphics, ???) offered a 1/72 decal sheet of Post War - 1950s black code letters.  I have a few sheets of numbers, but can not locate a corresponding sheet of letters.  Does anyone know who or if such a decal sheet ever existed? and, if so, who made?

Thanks!

Try doing a search for the font rcaf6.  I came across it a number of years ago.  Still haven't used it, but it is there in case I need it.

Later,

Dave

• Like 1

I have managed to track down a set of Arrow Graphics decals.  As old as they are, they do still look good.

Out of curiosity, other than Arrow Graphics, did anyone else make RCAF black letter code decals?  (I am aware that Leading Edge made a set of RCAF style black numbers).

I believe that Arrow Graphics was the only game in town.  The OOP 1/72 sheet measured 8cm square and contained 2 plus, complete alphabets - all in the same size (a scale 18"). 

However, if you wish to print your own decals, this site (http://www.dstorm.eu/pages/en/other/download.html) has them.  In the 'menu' on the home page, click on 'Download useful stuff' and then scroll down on that menu to select "Free Fonts". When prompted, save the download as a 'save as' and load them to your PC with the other fonts.  If you select the 'open' option at the prompt, you can see the individual files you'll be getting.  Open them and you can check out the contents.  The big 'plus' for this is that you not only have an unlimited source, but you can vary the size, depending on the aircraft type.

Scott

• Like 2

If I am not mistaken (though I probably am), Blick / Letraset did a couple of dry transfer sheets for the R.C.A.F. One sheet had Canadian flags, roundels, and titles and the other contained Canadian style letters & numbers. Not sure what time-frame they were for though.

Edited by mackem01

mackem01; 

Letraset only released  a few sheets and those were all (the then current)  markings for the Canadian Armed Forces (post-1968) and not any for the Royal Canadian Air Force.  Canada stopped using code letters by the late 50's.  Unfortunately for modellers, Aero Graphics was the first and to this date, the only decal mfgr to release post-war RCAF code letters.  I say unfortunately, because it was not only a physically small sheet with limited lettering, but it only had the one size.

Scott

Leading Edge did a couple sets for the alpha/ numeric codes, numbers plus the two roundel styles, Silver leaf and the more modern one. But sadly all OOP They may possibly be found on other sites??