Panther Mk.V STGB Chat

2 hours ago, jean said:

Hi,

like some other yellow livers in BM, I will have to "abscond" as well...

My putative build is still stuck somewhere in the mail in South Africa, thanks to the little COVID critters.

Added to that an unhealthy backlog in 3 GBs.... 

Awfully sorry

JR

Understandable, Please stop by if you can. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

25 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Understandable, Please stop by if you can. 

Will definitely do. so, as I have a fondness for some of the Panther avatars.

Sorry again to have to chicken out.

It will be a great GB

JR

• Like 1

19 hours ago, exdraken said:

I'm a brush painter, so whichever is easiest. I'll have a look st the sheet when it arrives and we can work something out 😊

Andy

I'll be along for this as it's a GB I really wanted to join in with.

Might be a late start though as my recent hand operation is still stopping me working with smaller parts sadly.

More time to figure out what I'm actually going to build!!

All the best

Ben

• Like 3

1 hour ago, badger said:

I'll be along for this as it's a GB I really wanted to join in with.

Might be a late start though as my recent hand operation is still stopping me working with smaller parts sadly.

All the best

Ben

Hello Ben... Surgery is a good answer for tardiness, 😉... Get well we’ll be here for thirteen weeks so you have time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Ben... Surgery is a good answer for tardiness, 😉... Get well we’ll be here for thirteen weeks so you have time. 

Thanks - its healing up well but I have some issues still gripping small things as it gets quite sore which is not helpful when I built almost solely in 1/72!

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Foxbat said:

I'm a brush painter, so whichever is easiest. I'll have a look st the sheet when it arrives and we can work something out 😊

Andy

I ordered a G from HLJ..... ;)

• Like 2

Most of you know I'm a WW-2 plane builder.

But,the Panther is my most favourite tank.

So I might just have a go at building one in scale 1/35 th.

Or maybe the Jagdpanther.

Still plenty of time to decide which brand.

A simple out of box build in "museum" paintjob.Meaning, looking brand new.

Edited by Erwin
  • Like 7

On 05/10/2020 at 19:20, badger said:

Well managed to do that bit at least.

Most of my kits have some serious amounts of upgrades in terms of etch, okb tracks etc which I'm not up to right now until I get a bit more dexterity back.

So I've decided to build the Dragon 1/72 Ersatz Panther M-10. Had it in the stash for years and not started it yet. Will be almost oob with a small amount of scratch building to correct the most glaring errors/omissions.

The only aftermarket I have for it is a new set of decals by Aleran so I can model a different vehicle to the kit option.

Will open a thread when I can pull it out of the stash

• Like 2

1 hour ago, badger said:

So I've decided to build the Dragon 1/72 Ersatz Panther M-10.

I am planning on the same using an ancient 1/72 Lindberg kit. Though I’m having difficulties getting measurements for the plate armor for the hull sides and turret ? Any chance you could measure it and share them ? 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

6 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I am planning on the same using an ancient 1/72 Lindberg kit. Though I’m having difficulties getting measurements for the plate armor for the hull sides and turret ? Any chance you could measure it and share them ? 

Happily - I'll try and do it tonight if I can

All the best 

Ben 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/14/2020 at 6:11 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

That would be good, if I can get measurements of the modifications it would be a lot easier to scratch the modifications. Ive got drawings of standard Panther’s and the Clones but no measurements. So its hard to gage length, height, and width of the add on panels. 

Finally!  Here they are :

50432288531_06f20a5756_k.jpg

50431609258_a62ed69764_k.jpg

50432477292_f098202dc7_k.jpg

50432310246_d34efcb4fd_k.jpg

Apologies for the delay  Hope they are of some help. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Hello everybody a couple of things while I remember. One If anyone has Individual track links in their kits, might be a good Idea to get a head start on those. From what I've seen they can be a bit of time consumer. Two I feel kind of bad there isn't more interest in the build. Though I cant really blame that on me, more on the fact there are so many great options for group builds running. 

43 minutes ago, Rob S said:

Finally!  Here they are :

Apologies for the delay  Hope they are of some help. 

Thanks for this - will be useful for my build too.

3 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I feel kind of bad there isn't more interest in the build. Though I cant really blame that on me, more on the fact there are so many great options for group builds running. 

Hi Dennis, I'm currently involved with the Heinkel He 111 GB which is due to finish on the 25th October but I noticed the lack of Panthers for your GB and there were no Dragon kits on the list.  I have always wanted one of the rare Panther G with the all steel wheels in my collection, and since it's in the stash I feel it would be rude not to include it in the GB.  I will drag it out of the stash and take some photos of the box and parts, I also have some Fruil metal tracks and a RB metal barrel with resin mantel to dress it up.  Looking forward to it. :like:

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello everybody a couple of things while I remember. One If anyone has Individual track links in their kits, might be a good Idea to get a head start on those. From what I've seen they can be a bit of time consumer. Two I feel kind of bad there isn't more interest in the build. Though I cant really blame that on me, more on the fact there are so many great options for group builds running. 

I wouldn't worry about it mate. After all, the build doesn't start till Saturday, and I think we have 15 ish builds already.

Like you say, lots of good GB's going on ATM (I'm in Vietnam build ), but they will end and we will still be going.

But for me, this is my main priority, so will quickly finish my others between this one.

Have fun

Paul

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, diases said:

I wouldn't worry about it mate. After all, the build doesn't start till Saturday, and I think we have 15 ish builds already.

Like you say, lots of good GB's going on ATM (I'm in Vietnam build ), but they will end and we will still be going.

But for me, this is my main priority, so will quickly finish my others between this one.

Have fun

Paul

Though Im not a main armor builder anymore, I do enjoy the occasional foray into the realm. There had been a Mk.IV and Tiger so I thought it only proper to promote a Mk.V build so it got its time in the light. Im sure more will show up just not sure how many more. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Retired Bob said:

Hi Dennis, I'm currently involved with the Heinkel He 111 GB which is due to finish on the 25th October but I noticed the lack of Panthers for your GB and there were no Dragon kits on the list.  I have always wanted one of the rare Panther G with the all steel wheels in my collection, and since it's in the stash I feel it would be rude not to include it in the GB.  I will drag it out of the stash and take some photos of the box and parts, I also have some Fruil metal tracks and a RB metal barrel with resin mantel to dress it up.  Looking forward to it. :like:

Please join us ... Bring a friend or too as well. 😉

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Please join us ... Bring a friend or too as well. 😉

Wish I could, on our club displays I'm the only one that has models with tracks. :unsure:

• Like 1