Panther Mk.V STGB Chat

On 9/15/2020 at 12:39 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

That would be great any if you can help, any info I can gather is a step closer to the result. My base kit is 1/72 if that helps ? Im not looking for a 100% exact replica but more something that looks like an M10. 

Just a quick update on the Airfix Magazine article. 

I took photos of the pages with the aim of downloading them onto the laptop and then uploading them to Flikr so they can be viewed here but the stupid iphone is not communicating with the laptop for some unknown reason. 

I’ll keep trying. 

• Thanks 1

Am I too late to join in?

Been contemplating this for ages and decided to dip my toe in at the last minute. 

I have a Dragon Panther ausf D in 1/35, fairly vanilla but nothing to complex for a limited time build 🤞

Thanks

Darryl 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Am I too late to join in?

Been contemplating this for ages and decided to dip my toe in at the last minute. 

I have a Dragon Panther ausf D in 1/35, fairly vanilla but nothing to complex for a limited time build 🤞

Thanks

Darryl 

Nope just start a thread when the group build starts. I’ll add you to the list on page one.  Very honored that this will be your first group build. Just so you know, my primary rule is to have fun, if you finish bonus. If not as long as you enjoyed the time spent working on your build thats whats most important. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Longbow said:

What is the 25% rule ?

If you have already started making the model then only around 25% of it can be completed before the start date of the GB. If you are unsure if your have pasted the 25% mark, then you should post a picture of the model in it's current state & the GB host will give a ruling on if it is still eligible.

On a related matter, one of the options I have for this GB is the very old Tamiya Panther Ausf.A, which I had previously built to about 50% of OOB. I've decided I want to put some more effort into it though, so I've taken most of it apart & plan to rebuild it with extra scratch built & 3D printed parts. The current state of the model is below 25% OOB (only the basic turret parts are still in one piece), with all the extra scratch built stuff I plan to add it will be a much lower % in total. @Corsairfoxfouruncle I presume this wont be a problem with 25% rule?

Edited by Mig Eater
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Longbow said:

I have a few questions, as I'm new to this Group Build thingy...

What is the 25% rule ?

At what date should you start building ?

I really want to build one of these....

spacer.png

Im the host Longbow, please ask I will give you the best possible answer. Should I add you to the roster ? 

4 hours ago, M3talpig said:

OOOHHH can i ave a go mister.......any rules i should know ...never done this before :D

Of course you can I will add you to the roster. 

4 hours ago, Mig Eater said:

On a related matter, one of the options I have for this GB is the very old Tamiya Panther Ausf.A, which I had previously built to about 50% of OOB. I've decided I want to put some more effort into it though, so I've taken most of it apart & plan to rebuild it with extra scratch built & 3D printed parts. The current state of the model is below 25% OOB (only the basic turret parts are still in one piece), with all the extra scratch built stuff I plan to add it will

Thanks for the help Mig, models that are more than 25% can be worked on along with your primary build. They only rule is they are not allowed into the gallery for voting. Let me see what you have done so far but if its just the turret It will most likely get in. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I went ahead and ordered the Rye Field "Early" Late G, for the build. It should be here for next week, in time for the start.

spacer.png

That got me browsing late Panther G camo, and Dang, that Daimler Benz  factory camo looks good lol....

Edited by Longbow
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Longbow said:

They do a lot of interior kits. 
Fortunately this one is Without interior. 

I have the full interior version of that kit & it's a beast, the box is about 3x the size of the Tamiya Panther kits etc. If the GB was longer I might have been tempted to built it, I can see it being a long project that would take me six months to slowly build though.

Solid Scale sell a painting mask for Daimler Benz factory camo that I can recommend. I've used a few of their other masks before & have that Daimler Benz set in my stash, I might using it during the GB but I haven't completely decided on what I'm going to build yet.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Mig Eater said:

I have the full interior version of that kit & it's a beast, the box is about 3x the size of the Tamiya Panther kits etc. If the GB was longer I might have been tempted to built it, I can see it being a long project that would take me six months to slowly build though.

Solid Scale sell a painting mask for Daimler Benz factory camo that I can recommend. I've used a few of their other masks before & have that Daimler Benz set in my stash, I might using it during the GB but I haven't completely decided on what I'm going to build yet.

I’m certainly doing the MNH stripes, for the Group Build, but I do see a DB in my future lol

6 minutes ago, daront said:

Going to have to pull out of the group build as I got told today I am deploying to Cyprus for 4 months in three weeks time.

Oh well.   But at least it's Cyprus.  Could be far far worse!  :) 

1 hour ago, daront said:

Sorry all.

Going to have to pull out of the group build as I got told today I am deploying to Cyprus for 4 months in three weeks time.

Sorry all

No apologies necessary please stay safe and if you get a chance to get online stop by and visit the build.