Panther Mk.V STGB Chat

On 25/09/2020 at 12:55, Longbow said:

I went ahead and ordered the Rye Field "Early" Late G, for the build. It should be here for next week, in time for the start.

I have that same Ryefield kit Longbow - though I'm tempted by an early G scheme, if I can get all the bits and pieces together.

• Like 2

Isn‘t the early G a Zimmerit coated vehicle? I build the Dragon one a while back that had the mounded on Zimmerit. The Rye field doesn’t have stummerer out of the box, no?

Btw, only 10 days until we start :happy:

Edited by Soeren

On 10/1/2020 at 5:11 AM, Soeren said:

Isn‘t the early G a Zimmerit coated vehicle? I build the Dragon one a while back that had the mounded on Zimmerit. The Rye field doesn’t have stummerer out of the box, no?

Btw, only 10 days until we start :happy:

Not all early G’s had Zimmerit. 

Not all A’s had Zim either. It really depends on the build date. 

On 10/1/2020 at 12:47 PM, Robert Stuart said:

Think, don't know, but I think a few early Gs were given Zimmerit ... but mine wouldn't be one of those.

{edit}Or, not likely top be one of those{/edit}

I havnt really looked through the kit, yet, but I’m pretty sure both early and late mantles are in the kit. 

Knowing RFM, the engine decks should be in for both early and late, so you should be GTG. 

16 minutes ago, exdraken said:

just found somehting interesting:

http://www.brachmodel.it/cataloghi.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=garden_flypage.tpl&product_id=190&category_id=12

also for 1/48ers like me!

now I need a kit....

Oh no. I NEED that sheet, being a 1/48 armour fan and on a French theme this year (see my entry in this GB already).

Andy

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Foxbat said:

Oh no. I NEED that sheet, being a 1/48 armour fan and on a French theme this year (see my entry in this GB already).

Andy

I guess they have more... in case not, be quick! or maybe you find another source for it? (and tell me?)

7 minutes ago, exdraken said:

I guess they have more... in case not, be quick! or maybe you find another source for it? (and tell me?)

I've ordered one, thank you for the link :) Tamiya do a 1/48 Ausf G to put them on - one of the few in their range I don't have yet.

Andy

Edited by Foxbat

5 minutes ago, Foxbat said:

I'm trying to order one. Tamiya do a 1/48 Ausf G to put them on.

Andy

I know thanks, .... but I do not have one... the D is rel. easily available..... 

1 minute ago, exdraken said:

I know thanks, .... but I do not have one... the D is rel. easily available..... 

My local shop will hopefully have one. Since I probably won't do more than one, do you want any of the other schemes?

Andy

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Foxbat said:

Since I probably won't do more than one, do you want any of the other schemes?

thanks for the kind offer! which one would you most likely do?

some more on those:

http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=265093

http://www.chars-francais.net/2015/index.php/engins-blindes/chars?task=view&id=76

On 1/16/2018 at 10:37 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello everyone we have a group build, we start in 6 days. I have added the complete rules as well so please take a look and ask if you have any questions ? 

Dennis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

sorry I'm going to have to abscond from this one........bench is overloaded and I found I actually don't have a build! 🥴

But never say never...the stars may aligned a spot may open up.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

sorry I'm going to have to abscond from this one........bench is overloaded and I found I actually don't have a build! 🥴

But never say never...the stars may aligned a spot may open up.

I have no doubts you're busy Rich, If you get the chance though we’d love to see your build.

26 minutes ago, diases said:

Happy days.

Although still undecided on which kit I'm attempting

Still have 6 days until the official start and then 12 weeks beyond that. I think you have a little time to figure it out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm sorry to have to add to the abscondees, but I've got too much site stuff to do at the moment, so I'm likely not going to be able to partake - I've barely done any modelling this year, which is a bit frustrating :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I'm sorry to have to add to the abscondees, but I've got too much site stuff to do at the moment, so I'm likely not going to be able to partake - I've barely done any modelling this year, which is a bit frustrating :rolleyes:

You of course have the most important job so you're excused. Though like I told Rich if you get the time we would love to see you visit or add something. 

With several people dropping out of the GB I feel like I should attempt two builds to help make up for their absence... Or it could be I just have to many Panthers in my stash & I cant decided on which one to build 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mig Eater said:

With several people dropping out of the GB I feel like I should attempt two builds to help make up for their absence... Or it could be I just have to many Panthers in my stash & I cant decided on which one to build 🤣

That of course is entirely up to you. The few dropping are pretty busy. Either running builds themselves or more importantly the Forum. Unfortunately the build was slotted alongside the Heller and several other great group-builds. So those have pulled the attention of some of the people. 

Hi,

like some other yellow livers in BM, I will have to "abscond" as well...

My putative build is still stuck somewhere in the mail in South Africa, thanks to the little COVID critters.

Added to that an unhealthy backlog in 3 GBs.... 

Awfully sorry

JR

• Like 1