Panther Mk.V STGB Chat

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, sampanzer said:

Yes please from me. I have a Dragon ausf A to build

Hello sampanzer i think you may have forgotten but you joined last November. Your original post and request is on page 3. Please don't think I'm trying to be rude, i just don't want to add you to the list In post #1 twice by mistake. 

Dennis

15 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello sampanzer i think you may have forgotten but you joined last November. Your original post and request is on page 3. Please don't think I'm trying to be rude, i just don't want to add you to the list In post #1 twice by mistake. 

Dennis

Thats ok,

I am trying to deal with older age now I am past 50 and forgetful..!!

Hi Dennis,

this is from a complete illiterate when  it comes to armor.

Would the Jagdpanther qualify, although I suspect it may not?

Cheers

JR

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jean said:

Hi Dennis,

this is from a complete illiterate when  it comes to armor.

Would the Jagdpanther qualify, although I suspect it may not?

Cheers

JR

Yes actually it does qualify, anything that was based on the chassis and drivetrain of the Mk.V series is allowed. Shall I add you to the list ? 

Dennis

Post #62 on page #3 shows some of the Jagdpanzer models available. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

4 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

anything that was based on the chassis and drivetrain of the Mk.V series is allowed.

Bergepanther, anyone?

The French army used Panthers for a few years after the war.

However what would be really interesting would be to see a model of a post-war production Panther.  Nine Panthers and twelve Jagdpanthers were completed after VE day under the supervision of the REME. 

• Like 1

The Panther in the Bovington museum is from that post-war batch, it's different from the wartime produced versions as British parts were used in a few places to fill in the gaps etc.

Edited by Mig Eater
  • Like 2

Hi Dennis,

yes please chalk me in. I will come aboard with a Trumpeter 1/72 Jagdpanther.

Thanks.

JR

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

You might just want to do that ? 😉 Though you are signed up in slot #18 and at the top of page #3. 

Dennis, I confess. I did actually apply to join, not realising that I already had, and then deleted that bit so my previous post does say 'edited'. :whistle:

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had originally planned to make a Panzer V mit 12.8cm "Scorpion" for this GB (which Corsair graciously allowed even tho it's a "Paper Panzer"), however my stash has grown to now include several different Flakpanther variants that are drawing my attention. Most are "Paper Panzers" too, several of them reached the wooden mock-up stage though. There is still over 10 months to the start of the GB so plenty of time to decide, but I feel I might struggle as there are just so many Panther variants to pick from...

flakpanthers.jpg  

Edited by Mig Eater
  • Like 1

As GB host it is your duty to guide me in my hour of indecision 😝

1. I dont have this one, Takom have a kit of it which is readily available though.
2. I have the old Dragon kit, along with a much needed PE set.
3. I have a resin turret but I need a hull, was thinking an Ausf.A with zimmerit.
4. Kit bash of a leftover E-50 Flakpanzer turret & a Tamiya Ausf.G hull.

5. This would be a scratch build/3D print project on maybe an Amusing Hobby Panther II hull.

6. Trumpeter is releasing a kit of this next year, which I'll be getting ASAP.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mig Eater said:

As GB host it is your duty to guide me in my hour of indecision 😝

7 minutes ago, Mig Eater said:

2. I have the old Dragon kit, along with a much needed PE set.
3. I have a resin turret but I need a hull, was thinking an Ausf.A with zimmerit.

Seems 2-3 are the most likely candidates as you have them already. 

8 minutes ago, Mig Eater said:

This would be a scratch build/3D print project on maybe an Amusing Hobby Panther II hull.

This is my second best option but i know how hard and time consuming designing the pieces is. Im still kind of waiting on a Patton variant ? 😉

9 minutes ago, Mig Eater said:

6. Trumpeter is releasing a kit of this next year, which I'll be getting ASAP.

9 minutes ago, Mig Eater said:

1. I dont have this one, Takom have a kit of it which is readily available though.

Now of course you don't mind outlaying $£€ then 1 & 6 become contenders. If you are telling me that you want me to tell you which one then it falls to my favorite choice #1 followed by #2. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
3 minutes ago, wimbledon99 said:

Will a Meng Toon qualify? I did one for a Tiger build some time ago; they are just a bit of fun but great to build!

Yes they qualify. They do represent an actual vehicle, albeit in a somewhat distorted way but it was a real tank. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Yes they qualify. They do represent an actual vehicle, albeit in a somewhat distorted way but it was a real tank. 

Pulled my post as I realised it was a Toon Panther last year - Not a Tiger - Sorry - DOH!! :blush:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

My choices for this GB.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The Panther is an old kit, originally dating from 1969.  It can be classed as "a kit I didn't build as a kid but wanted to". :)  I'm looking forward to finally building it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

My choices for this GB.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The Panther is an old kit, originally dating from 1969.  It can be classed as "a kit I didn't build as a kid but wanted to". :)  I'm looking forward to finally building it. 

Nice choices... Im probably going with either the Tamiya Ausf G or Academy Ausf G in 1/35th. Im planning on modifying it into a Skorzeny M10 clone. 

• Like 1