Panther Mk.V STGB Chat

Cheers Dennis.

Unfortunately I work on a construction ship all over the world, and will be mega busy between now and October (wife's not really happy), 

Signed up to T-55 build, but T-34 will be impossible.

As to choice of subject, I like the engineering support rolls, (Pz4 build was bergpanzer), and looking at the Fries Fran crane as a center piece for a panther repair dio.

I notice Takom kit has a full interior, so might go that way with a turret change out, but much research still needs looking at.

Cheers

Paul

• Like 2

5 hours ago, diases said:

Unfortunately I work on a construction ship all over the world, and will be mega busy between now and October (wife's not really happy), 

Sounds like a good and interesting job. Stay safe, and maybe SWMBO will get used to it after awhile ? 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

• 2 weeks later...

Still 18 months to go. Think that's just about enough time to get organised. Count me in too.

Andy

Edited by Foxbat
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hell @Foxbat ... I have added you to the primary list. I am looking forward to seeing yours, and everyone elses build very much. 

Dennis

Cheers. Already had a kit in mind, and thanks to Star Decals (again) I now have an unusual scheme that I should be able to complete too. 

Andy

Are we nearly there yet?

• Like 1

You can add me to the list too. While I wont get to build the funky paper panzer I'd like (Rheinmetall Skorpion), maybe a Panther II or a Panther Ausf. F would be ok? Prototypes of both were build but not finished, the Panther II being cancelled before the turret was made & the hull & turret for the Ausf. F were both built but never combined before the end of the war.

• Like 1

Hello @Mig Eater ... You’ve been added to the list. Both the Panther II & Ausf F qualify as there were prototypes built. For the Skorpion admittedly it seems like a nice option. Is there any verification that a Mock-up was built ? Anything to show it had any physical development ? If there is then it would qualify ? 

Dennis

PS - See next post. 

The Skorpion was part of a proposal for several different heavy weapon carrier designs that didn't progress further than the initial blueprints. Thanks for letting me participate in GB with the Skorpion, I've been thinking of making one for awhile & I'm finding these GBs a great motivator to build such wish list projects.

be443cfdc1026fb8f05fa7b8c5a6d9e4_116587.jpg

BTW there are quite a few mainstream paper panzer Panther kits made by Dragon, Takom & Amusing Hobby etc, so removing that restriction should open up a lot more options for people wanting to build an unusual OOB project.

• Like 4

On 29/03/2019 at 20:54, Foxbat said:

Still 18 months to go

D**n.  Even if it's now 17 months ... I've just ordered a kit for this GB, when I could have waited a bit.

Well, that might be built in the interval ....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

D**n.  Even if it's now 17 months ... I've just ordered a kit for this GB, when I could have waited a bit.

Well, that might be built in the interval ....

Go ahead and build your Panther, it will give you a reason to buy & build another one.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I've just had a scan through the last 5 pages and I don't seem to have signed up for this.  With the Tiger GB ending this weekend that gives me a break during September to order a kit and some other bits and pieces - so I'd like to jump on board Dennis.

Thanks in advance,

Steve.

• Like 1

Hello Steve... It actually gives you 13 months to get ready. It starts in October of 2020, but I've added you to the list just to be on the safe side. Im looking forward to this as well. 

Dennis

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Steve... It actually gives you 13 months to get ready. It starts in October of 2020, but I've added you to the list just to be on the safe side. Im looking forward to this as well. 

Dennis

DOH!!!  I might even be good at 1/35 by that time HA-HA!!!

Thanks for putting me straight Dennis,

Steve

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

Climbing aboard with this Hasegawa Panther,  that I bought at Fairford.

Hasegaw-Panther.jpg

Very nice selection.. If you choose to build it in the interim, ( seeing as this is still 13 months away) then there will be time to find another. 

Dennis

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, srkirad said:

Hello,

I'd like to join with Revell 1/72 Panther Ausf. G + PE sets and metal barrel.

Thanks in advance and regards,

Srđan (srkirad)

Welcome aboard Srdan I have added you to the main list on the first page. Looking forward to your build but you still have a year so you may want yo build your Panther and get another one for the build. 

Dennis

1 minute ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Welcome aboard Srdan I have added you to the main list on the first page. Looking forward to your build but you still have a year so you may want yo build your Panther and get another one for the build. 

Dennis

Thanks for warm welcome Dennis.

I think this "cat" will survive year ahead, because I have so many kits on schedule, so no problem with it.

Anyway, I'm glad to have an oportunity to work on my kit at the same time as other members, so we can all be a support to each other during GB...

Cheers,

S.

• Like 1