Panther Mk.V STGB Chat

Two Tiger I's in the stash, a Tiger II and two large diormas on the go. Do I have a Panther in the stash? No. I've never had one in the stash.....

Oh go on then Dennis. Sign me up.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello @Badder ... You sir are now officially signed up for this Single type Group build. My Gracious thank you’s for joining. 

Dennis

My gracious thanks for your gracious thanks, Dennis!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello @Romeo Alpha Yankee ... Thank you for signing up. Im looking forward to seeing your Jagdpanther. 

Dennis

Looking forward to it Dennis. It is the only Axis armour kit in the stash, bought on a whim as well. I did build the Matchbox Jadgpanther in my youth, I hope I do a better job on this one! :D

• Like 1

Hello Everyone ... Enzo placed the group-build program for 2020 up today.

We really could use some more Recruits for this build. We’re at 20 and need just 5 more to gain our slot. So im here trying to Rally the troops ! 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone ... Figured id go with another Bump for this. I also thought id pop a few photo’s of model kits available. Heres a couple of kits from Tamiya the older.

8escThA.jpg

And the newer.

9o1CR13.jpg

Heres an 1/76th scale from Airfix. 

3cHjOAy.jpg

A newer one from Dragon. 

IKFxJ5N.jpg

And one from Meng.

ASKmjfT.jpg

Here are a couple of non tank variants. The older Italeri Bergepanther.

wzslSCL.jpg

And the Newer Takom version.

kfBOxP7.jpg

Then there's something like this FlakPanzer from Hobbyboss.

eG8UaHj.jpg

I do hope this gives you a small sampling as to different sub-types and models available to be built.  

Dennis

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone Just thought id add some more options. You can also build the Jagdpanzer in Multiple scales. Starting with a 1/16 scale from Tamiya.

tTJWe3y.jpg

A 1/35th from Dragon. 

BWWcI2w.jpg

A 1/48th again from Tamiya.

rwrCtHH.jpg

Finally a 1/72nd from Zvezda. 

9MdqjvD.jpg

Im hoping to see a wide variety of sub-types, A/M, and camouflage if the build goes through. Please reach out to myself or the co-host if you have questions. 

Dennis

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Despite not having actually built a target in years and having signed up to 4 STGB's for them already I have found my research for the Panzer IV wandering off into the territory of post war Panther operators and feeling the need to build one so you had best sign me up Dennis, or have me committed, either one works.

• 4 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Panther II said:

I hope the group build goes ahead!  Just 1 more person then were set to go!

I agree ... With the Mk.IV Build in Progress, and the Mk.VI in just a few months. It would be nice to see the Mk.V Panther included in the historical line-up.  

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

OK, sign me up.

I haven't given this any thought - but I've now got a shelf with a Cruiser, a Crusader, a Cromwell, a Sherman, a T-34 and now a Panzer IV. Seems like there's room for a Panther there.

Dave.

Edited by Dave_R
  • Thanks 1

Hello @Dave_R ... Many thanks for joining and helping throw the group over the finish line. :yahoo: ... We the Hosts are looking forward to seeing yours, and all the other Panther variants getting built. 

Hello @Enzo Matrix ... I do believe i have the full count of 25 signatories to get this through to 2020 ? Please check and confirm at your earliest convenience. 

Dennis