Models Never Let You Down - 1/72 Su-47

Hello, and happy 2018!

After a tubulent year, I had to take a 6 month break from modelling. 

But I'm back. 

I decided to start with a super simple kit...one that I could pretty much just rattle can, finish by brush, and then decal.

As I've not modelled for quite a while...I didn't have much choice! I needed the practice before I go back to my airbrush (pending a new compressor).

So...excuse the rubbish pictures, and the fact it's nearly complete - but a girl only has so much free time to take pictures :P

Image may contain: outdoor

Assembly; super simple. Fusalage in 2 parts, quick cockpit, and about 5 more parts and you're good to go. It was really easy, and a nice easy start to ease me back into modelling, before I start with my other (far nicer and more modern) kits.

Image may contain: shoes

A quick blast with a rattle can, and it's pretty much done. I messed up the white. Due to some stray lipstick, I actually had to repaint the nose twice. On different days. Yup. Don't do make-up whilst you're doing modelling haha.

Image may contain: aeroplane

It's nearly done. The cockpit isn't attached of course, I've just put it on for the pretty picture 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Nice :). I remember seeing her displaying at Zhukovsky....

Martin

That's very lucky! They have said they're "still working on the design" so we may see it again one day! 

Either way, I bought it on an impulse at my LMS one day (2nd hand), and just figured "hey, why not!"

7 hours ago, (ex)Sgtrafman said:

Looking good well done!

And I'll keep in mind about modelling whilst putting makeup on :D

Iain

Haha! You've no idea how many times it's happened. Another aircraft I'm about to do is pretty much just white...so...I need to remember that haha!

I should get the decals done tonight at my local model club! 

5 hours ago, Ms Modeller said:

That's very lucky! They have said they're "still working on the design" so we may see it again one day! 

I wouldn't hold your breath. That was 12 years about! It is probably parked up against the other old prototypes at Zhukovsky now, awaiting the axe man.

Martin

Update!

I've now got half of the decals done on my model! There's about 6 more to do. Once this is done, it'll be a case of popping on the canopy and it's done! So it won't be very long at all! 

39820231251_682086d4ca_z.jpg

• Like 2