Eduard Fokker E.V

13 hours ago, rgb40 said:

Beautifully done Tony. Up to your usual standards. By the way How are you?

George

Doing well, thanks. Getting the results from the latest CT in a couple of weeks. I’m pretty confident it’s all clear.

See you at Heritagecon?

On 2018-01-19 at 8:17 PM, Bob Henry said:

I absolutely love this kit so I'm going to shop around at the swap meets to see if I can find it. Great job on the wooden prop. If you don't mind, can you share some info on how you painted it ? Thanks again for posting.            Bob H.

Thanks, Bob. The prop laminations were masked and painted. I drew the masks on the computer, ellipses for the front and strips for the rear, and cut them on my Silhouette Portrait computer controlled cutter. The light colour is Vallejo Air Radome Tan and the dark colour is Vallejo Panzer Aces Light Rust. I applied a very light coat of thinned raw sienna oil paint which I streaked with a piece of torn sponge for a subtle (almost too subtle) wood grain.

Cheers,

Tony

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tbell said:

Thanks, Bob. The prop laminations were masked and painted. I drew the masks on the computer, ellipses for the front and strips for the rear, and cut them on my Silhouette Portrait computer controlled cutter. The light colour is Vallejo Air Radome Tan and the dark colour is Vallejo Panzer Aces Light Rust. I applied a very light coat of thinned raw sienna oil paint which I streaked with a piece of torn sponge for a subtle (almost too subtle) wood grain.

Cheers,

Tony

Thanks for the input. I'm "Technically challenged" so the computer is not in my game plan. I will probably just do it the old fashioned way and manually cut some very thin strips of Tamiya masking tape and try the masking. The other steps should not be a big issue.   Bob H. ..... Oh, did I forget to mention how much I really liked this build ???

1 hour ago, Bob Henry said:

Thanks for the input. I'm "Technically challenged" so the computer is not in my game plan. I will probably just do it the old fashioned way and manually cut some very thin strips of Tamiya masking tape and try the masking. The other steps should not be a big issue.   Bob H. ..... Oh, did I forget to mention how much I really liked this build ???

I did my Wingnut Wings Albatros prop the same way, but with hand cut masks. Just be sure to study the laminations pattern on the real thing; it's quite distinctive and simple strips don't replicate it accurately.

kGeljaM.jpg