1/48 - de Havilland DH.88 Comet by MikroMir - released

Homebee

Just out of curiosity, I've seen a number of "announcements" from MicroMir, but what have they actually gotten to the point of being able to buy up to now?

I'll happily (very happily) get a 1/48 Comet, but is it ungrateful to say that I'd almost rather it be 1/32?  If they REALLY want to make me happy, add a 1/32 Percival Mew Gull- and NOT Henshaw's uglified version.

3 hours ago, gingerbob said:

Just out of curiosity, I've seen a number of "announcements" from MicroMir, but what have they actually gotten to the point of being able to buy up to now?

http://www.mikro-mir.com/en/aviations-scales.html

DH.88 Comet in scales https://www.scalemates.com/search.php?fkSECTION[]=All&q=De+Havilland+DH+88+Comet+DH.*

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

You do have to hunt Mikro Mir stuff out but FWIW I've found the effort to be worth it so far. The 1/48 BI-1 was a bit of a let down but that's all so far and you can't blame MM after they checked with the museum who were less than complete with the truth...apparently.

1 hour ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Welcome news as it is, but I would like a 1/32 issue. The previous hi-tech kit was prohibitively expensive.

I assume you are referring to the Marsh Models kit? When originally released it was £95, I personally don't expect a 1/32 styrene kit to be too be much cheaper.

Thomo.

Edited by The Tomohawk Kid

I do love the DH-88, and will be there when the 1:72 version hits the Big H. 

To Bob's comment, it does seem that Mikro Mir has many more announcements than finished product. Their 1:72 line has a lot of interesting stuff in it (like the K-7). One that has crossed the availability line is the Miles Aerovan. I'm in the early stages of construction and have been pretty happy so far. Sometimes development of a new model is a long process, and as long as Mikro-Mir keeps producing nice kits of interesting subjects in 1:72 I'll be there with my credit card out.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kevin Callahan said:

One that has crossed the availability line is the Miles Aerovan. I'm in the early stages of construction and have been pretty happy so far.

There's something decidedly off about the shape.  No, wait, that's the original aircraft's fault! ^_^  Gotta admit, though, it "doesn't look quite right" in a rather endearing way...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 14/01/2018 at 23:10, mhaselden said:

Woo and even hoo!!  A new 1/48 DH Comet racer.  Want one.  Want two.  Gimme...gimme...gimme!!!!!

And, for the uninitiated, I'm a little bit excited about this news!!!! :)

:ditto:

Fantastic news! :penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...