Star Wars Revell Resistance X-Wing Fighter

Hello all!

I recently purchased a 'Special Red Squadron X-Wing Starfighter' from Amazon, however; it was taking forever to arrive, I even had to re-order it. Thankfully when i was in gamestop i saw a cheap model on the clearance rack. I was a Resistance X-Wing fighter. A simple clip together model for children that makes battle sounds. The same model that can be seen in this older threat from this site...

.. I saw that it was a simple model for kids and never intended to be glued, painted, decked out, etc. 

Challenge accepted. :party:

Unfortunately, I didn't take pictures or anything before the stage I am at now (about half way done) however you can see from the old thread what it looked like before I have it a white base, black wash and detailing.

This is what the fuselage looks like right now (the least finished part) with just the white base and the black wash.

bDhaYSt.jpg

Here is the cockpit/R2 (bb8)section. I have had to take a few liberties with this model. As it is a level 1 model and not intended to be super accurate, just enough, BB8's head is largely oversized (also in part to it being the button to push to make the battle sounds) so I am taking it upon myself to reshape and recolor it to make it look like an R2 unit (which in my opinion it already looks much closer too). I have squared out the eye lense and will update you with more progress about THAT challenge. Here it is

IAd0wYK.jpg

Thirdly is just a bookmark on my progress. Literally a simply cannon that has all the detail except the battle damage. With this model, as I said before, certain details are ignored. For instance the 4 cannons have the ability to be attached to any of the 4 spots on the wings because there is 2 holes on every cannon. Sounds convenient in theory. Super annoying in practice, because that means that there is a gaping hole on all the cannons. It's okay if u don't get it, just know it's annoying. So I've had to fill those in the best I can, hence the gritty uneven surface on part of the cannons.

IAd0wYK.jpg

Lastly the pièce de Résistance << pun intended haha. The wings... of ..my .. X-Wing. Intended to be heavily battle damaged (as they are resistance fighters). I used a nice metallic paint for the engine part and stayed true to the colors of the original, so far. I had to mix my own blue. I wanted it to stand out so that's why there is alot of detail. I find that some of these x-wimg models are great but are only okay to look at. Every scratch I've painted I try to put a story or moment of impact behind it. Please let me know what you think and if you have any pointers (within reason, don't get too critical I put alot into it) thanks again and I hope you enjoy!

k5Rghri.jpg

Bottom

W0Zjofe.jpg

Back/Side

3qYp7ip.jpg

Both parts

6dfgwH4.jpg

Close up

pMVl66A.jpg

Engine (with exhaust built up)

jI06mZd.jpg

I'll post back with more pictures after I have more done. Thanks all! Happy New year!

Edited by DaleyDosage
  • Like 4

All I'm seeing is a message from Photobucket requesting you to update your account to enable 3rd party hosting.

If I copy the url and then paste it to a new browser window I get to see the same message, but on the Photobucket site.

• Confused 1

"Blue-One.....We have visual!"  :yahoo:

3 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I am able to see the photo’s if that helps. X-wing looks good 👍

You are probably one of the people wise enough to use the browser work-arounds that I discovered.....Two or three days after I deleted my entire gallery in a paddy!  :wall:

• Thanks 1

@Sgt.Squarehead... Dont feel to upset. Actually i only have an Apple cellular most of the time photobucket workarounds for others never work as i cant install them in a cellular IOS system. It just happened that i 1. got lucky ... or 2. Saw them after the O/P did something and changed it so i could see them.