First Picture Post - Trying FLickr - 1/48th P-47N

I just signed on with Flickr to try to get some pictures up here and on the other forum(s).  Didn't get it to work on the other, so maybe better luck here...

This is the Revell 1/48th P-47N.  I chose this one over the Academy kit based on reviews, availability, and price.  Not a bad kit. 

The metal finish is Testors spray can silver with various panels masked and brush painted with Testors small bottle gloss silver.  The markings are my interpretation of photos of 36th FG P-47Ns in Panama 1946-47.  I received one photo from the daughter of a former 36th FG pilot, and another was posted on Hyperscale by Mark Allen M after I posted the other one.  Both showed the scalloped rudder markings and an aircraft number on the nose.  During the war, the 23rd Fighter Sqd color was yellow.  It seems that during the deactivation/reactivation period, and the move from Germany to Panama, that the squadron colors were changed and the 23rd became the blue squadron.  They switched with the 53rd "Tigers", which makes sense.  The 22nd "Stingers kept on as the red squadron.

P-47N model 5

P-47N model 1

P-47N model 14

If this works, I'll try to add some more photos of my collection over the next few weeks.

Mark V

• Like 16