Resin wheel well sets for Revell Tornados

tarlucan

In my case the CMK sets main well parts are not made to the correct dimensions... left the builder with a gap along the roof of the well where it meets the fuselage side, though formed to match the contours exactly there is a gap as much as 1/8".    There are several builds showing the parts comparison.     CMKs set main wells are completely unusable, choose to revert to the kit wells and add some scratched detail, in reality there is not much that can be seen when it is in the display case.   The resin bay doors are better detailed than the kit parts BUT the retraction strut attachment differs in location from the kit parts enough that it delves in fiction.  The  nose well fit perfect in comparison.  

23 hours ago, metromanbw said:

In my case the CMK sets main well parts are not made to the correct dimensions... left the builder with a gap along the roof of the well where it meets the fuselage side, though formed to match the contours exactly there is a gap as much as 1/8".        CMKs set main wells are completely unusable, choose to revert to the kit wells and add some scratched detail, in reality there is not much that can be seen when it is in the display case.   The resin bay doors are better detailed than the kit parts BUT the retraction strut attachment differs in location from the kit parts enough that it delves in fiction.  The  nose well fit perfect in comparison.  

"In my case the CMK sets main well parts are not made to the correct dimensions... left the builder with a gap along the roof of the well where it meets the fuselage side, though formed to match the contours exactly there is a gap as much as 1/8"."

True.

"CMKs set main wells are completely unusable."

Not really fair.  I used the CMK wells on my Revell IDS (converted to a GR.1) and found that just cutting away the 'missing roof' portion of the kits well so that it conformed to the fuselage left me with a very detailed and respectable looking well with very little effort.

I don't scratch built at all and made a reasonable fist of it.

On 16/01/2018 at 10:10 PM, metromanbw said:

you go right ahead and enjoy reworking resin that should have been correct from the get-go.   or does this jibe you again?

Nothing jibes me my friend.

Take it easy!