F-5A HAF ( Italeri 1/48 )

LanceR21

Hello guys,

photo_52493_zpsng0farjl.jpg

I can't get enough of HAF birds so, I started another one. Previously, I had some trouble with PM Model kit in 1/72 scale but it turned out great for me at the end. But this project will be a little bit harder. First of all, because of the scale - of course, F-5A is not big if I compare it with MiG-25/F-15 or something else. Second this kit is really bad - it comes with literally no cockpit at all, only with something that looks like an ejection seat that was designed and built by 10 year old's.

Anyway, pictures will talk better than me, for sure. Gun bay will be opened, some electronics at the other side. I'm fully armed with patience and steel nerves. At the moment, everything looks just like this :

And, yes, one question for all - where I can find Icarus decals for F-5A in 1/48 ? At least, stencils will do most of the work, probably 70%... thanks ! :)

20170111_231323_zpsvvufs8pt.jpg

20170111_231405_zpsxww9b3iw.jpg

20170111_231729_zpsjxl5xprh.jpg

20170111_231739_zpsiakej10c.jpg

Seat was made from scratch with a little assistance from Italeri's F-4E ( which will also be in HAF markings )

1_zpsofb4znnc.jpg

2_zpszyjnlnnf.jpg

3_zpspwegipak.jpg

6_zpsux3qsgql.jpg

7_zps4xps8pok.jpg

8_zpsjvbb8bsi.jpg

6_zpsdvopfrym.jpg

4_zps0tzz3mqi.jpg

1_zpsfx2ytnf7.jpg

3_zpsafmrpwq5.jpg

And everything together :

2_zpsuvepqgm8.jpg

That's it for now, new update will be for a few months, I hope...

Cheers,

Nenad

• Like 3

Hello Lance. 

Difficult project you have there, but it's a lovely plane. 

If you want, you can order the decals for the Hellenic Freedom Fighters, here from Greece at www.scaleindetail.com 

Click on 'Search' and type "Freedom Fighters". I think there are enough markings for three different F-5's. 

Regards, 

Stathis

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...