1/72 PZL.23 B Karas, IBG models

Fuad

8 minutes ago, John D.C. Masters said:

First rate...Could you describe your weathering/chipping techniques please?  I could use some pointers in that direction...

I do not use anything unusual. Primer, paint, glossy varnish, washings, decals, matt varnish, oil points (grinding), chipping with acrylic pencil.

17 minutes ago, Learstang said:

How was the kit - that's one I'm seriously considering buying.

Honestly, the set is not very good - in terms of compliance drawings.

I used putty almost all of the panel lines and re cut it. 

9 hours ago, Fuad said:

Honestly, the set is not very good - in terms of compliance drawings.

I used putty almost all of the panel lines and re cut it. 

:rage: Not what I was hoping to hear about this new kit. Apart from the necessary rescribing was there anything else that needed significant readjustment?

Wonderful build though! As usual. :)

54 minutes ago, Natter said:

That's a very nice model Faud but.....

'Good day, gentlemen!'

don't forget there a plenty of Lady modellers here too.

I will definitely have this in mind next time. But I'm FUad, not FAud :D.

Edited by Fuad
  • Like 1

Most lovely! Fuad, you must tell me how you painted/weathered the exhaust collector ring on the engine. You're is one of the best, if not THE best that I have ever seen.

Chris

1 hour ago, dogsbody said:

Most lovely! Fuad, you must tell me how you painted/weathered the exhaust collector ring on the engine. You're is one of the best, if not THE best that I have ever seen.

Chris

There are two Alclad metallic - Dull Aluminum - base, Pale Burnt metal with the addition of some black. Rust stains - from Revell #83. Then dull matt varnish. Then just work with pencils - silver, black and blue.

• Like 1

Fuad,

Do you know how it compares to the old Heller kit, which I have and looks pretty good to me- I was thinking of getting the IBG kit, but now I'm not so sure it's that much better in the places that really count- I can always scratchbuild a decent cockpit and vacform new transparencies, if those are the only areas the new kit is better. I would value your thoughts before I spend the money.

Mike

BTW, your usual disgustingly outstanding work....I would love to hate you, but you're too nice a guy, and definitely too good a modeler!

Mike

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 72modeler said:

Do you know how it compares to the old Heller kit, which I have and looks pretty good to me- I was thinking of getting the IBG kit, but now I'm not so sure it's that much better in the places that really count- I can always scratchbuild a decent cockpit and vacform new transparencies, if those are the only areas the new kit is better. I would value your thoughts before I spend the money.

The same thing about  Heller model was told by my Ukrainian friends.

10 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Do you know how it compares to the old Heller kit, which I have and looks pretty good to me-

I did twice Heller kit: the first time some 42-43 years ago, rather OOB (excluding decals) and second time some 10 years ago making conversion to PZL 43. I liked Heller kit, but if you compare with photos of real thing the IBG mould are much closer to true shapes. Especially the engine and fuselage around canopy and the small window at the bottom of fuselage. IBG did a great job regarding accuracy in my opinionion. However -  I've just bought it,  so for me ut is still first picture from your post # 13 above :).

Excellent work Fuad as always. Perhaps only a bit overdone wethereing and exploitation (as Hadzi said already) - those machines were vere well maintaned, rather young and not heavy exploited before the 1939 compign. If you look at photos they are almost wuthout any visible dirt or paint loses. Even, later - during Romanian heavy exploitation in war conditions the paint is still keeping the surfaces very well... But I know that  temptention for weathering is strong, especially with monochromatic scheme like here....

Cheers

J-W

22 minutes ago, JWM said:

I did twice Heller kit: the first time some 42-43 years ago, rather OOB (excluding decals) and second time some 10 years ago making conversion to PZL 43. I liked Heller kit, but if you compare with photos of real thing the IBG mould are much closer to true shapes. Especially the engine and fuselage around canopy and the small window at the bottom of fuselage. IBG did a great job regarding accuracy in my opinionion. However -  I've just bought it,  so for me ut is still first picture from your post # 13 above :).

Excellent work Fuad as always. Perhaps only a bit overdone wethereing and exploitation (as Hadzi said already) - those machines were vere well maintaned, rather young and not heavy exploited before the 1939 compign. If you look at photos they are almost wuthout any visible dirt or paint loses. Even, later - during Romanian heavy exploitation in war conditions the paint is still keeping the surfaces very well... But I know that  temptention for weathering is strong, especially with monochromatic scheme like here....

Cheers

J-W

26231824_1949459738428335_55420583981462

I use this type a lot of photos.

• Like 3