Eastern Express Boeing 737-300

Once upon a time, well, in 2016 anyway, there was the Airliners III group build......

Despite never having built an airliner before, I decided this was going to be my first group build contribution. In a triumph of enthusiasm, naivety and recklessness, I entered late on with an Eastern Express Boeing 737-300. The group build archive documents my attempts to force the warped fuselage and wings into reasonable shapes, but it was inevitable that I would eventually run out of time.

For the past year the model and I have had occasional interactions, with long periods of rest and recuperation in between, but finally, having fought me all the way, I've reached the point where I can declare the thing complete. Even the painting, given that its such a simple scheme, took far too long, learning that Humbrol Clear over Halfords Appliance White is a no-no, and that DBI Boeing grey goes on beautifully and simply, but comes off with equal ease.

The paint scheme is a bit of an oddity, and represents G-GDFB in the transition livery it wore in 2011 when it became part of the Jet2 fleet having previously served with Aegean Airlines. Decals are from Britmodeller's own RICHW, and gave refreshingly little trouble.

Apologies for the makeshift photographic set up, all white models are a bit of a challenge.

Would I do another Eastern Express 737? Absolutely.........not.

Jon

106606be-b000-4dc3-ad11-c2ed33580d86.jpg

d25762e9-d19e-48bd-866b-199841441ae3.jpg

bfafa281-70d3-4d33-bdaa-ee0bdbe1abf2.jpg

3bba1628-c52d-4c34-ad08-f3edefd2a696.jpg

• Like 10