Here's my second one, Revell Focke-Wulf 190 A8

Well, here's my second effort, a Revell Focke-Wulf 190 A8.

I was going to make the R11 nightfighter version but Dot gold hold on one of the sprues and the radar aerials were a bit nibbled so I was left with the A8!

The overall scheme is RLM 76 but to be honest the colour I was recommended, Vallejo 70.961 Sky blue looked very bright after I had painted it.

I had been recommended a series of vids by a young lad by a kind soul on this forum which were very instructive and it is where I got the pencil idea from.

After a bit of scratching around on panel lines etc I tried to make a bit of realistic gunsmoke staining etc and I think I managed to break up and tone down the bland bright blue easter egg I started with!

Compared to what is on display here and in other parts of the forum this model still looks rubbish but hopefully a slight improvement over the F4F. 

Of course all criticism/encouragement is welcome. 

DSCN2993.jpg

DSCN2992.jpg

DSCN2991.jpg

• Like 11

I just bought the kit, you have done a fantastic job, how did it go together ?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, FLCH said:

I just bought the kit, you have done a fantastic job, how did it go together ?

I actually found it very difficult to get it together smoothly but probably more a reflection of my modelling skills TBH. It probably needed a bit of filling pre paint but I didn't have any unfortunately. 

Look forward to seeing your finished model.