TU-95 Bear-D Operating Diorama

Hello, everyone!  This is a diorama I completed of a TU-95 being intercepted by a USN F-4B of VF-114 in 1966.  The inspiration was actual film footage of a TU-95 overflight of the USS KittyHawk on her Vietnam cruise of 1966-67.  Hope you like it!  Diorama features rotating props and communications in both Russian and English.  If you want to see the actual overflight, put TU-95 diorama "Bear Hunt" in the YouTube search box and go to the link provided in the description box.  Прощай!

Edited by CMSCHLOM
  • Like 7

Thats excellent! Great work on the props!!

Ive got an old 1/100 East German Plasicart kit of a Bear and have plans to do a similar thing with a Tamiya 1/100 Lightning at some point - although moving props is way beyond my skillset!!

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Simon

Hi Simon, the moving props were not that difficult, just getting the motors set correctly and showing the blades in the eight blade configuration.  Drilling a hole in the center of the blade hub so it will fit directly on the motor shaft was not too hard, but it has to be centered otherwise a wobble and vibration.  Doyusha motors were purchased from Hobby Link Japan and were small enough to fit in the engine nacelles with virtually no surgery.  I have the Plasticart kit, but I'd recommend the Revell kit as it builds up very nicely and the seam lines are on the side.  Easy to clean up.

• Like 1