Airfix 2019

jenko

13 minutes ago, Max Headroom said:

I see the Victor K.2 is refuelling a couple of Buccaneers.

Just saying.

Trevor

..... Are TAN model going to grace us with a 1/48th Victor to go with their Bucc ?? 

Cheers (Tongue in cheek).. Dave 

• Haha 1

Just browsing this thread on a sleepless Monday night (or Tuesday morning?), thought I'd add my few cents worth;

Having recently returned to plastic kits and the fraternity, I'm blown away by the variety of kits and aftermarket items that are available compared to when I last butchered plastic 20 years ago....

...Having said that, I'm absolutely staggered that in 2018 there are no decent Spitfire XIV kits available in 1/48 or larger scales. If Airfix are considering doing an XIV in 1/48 for 2019, sign me up for several kits, even more so if they can produce both bubble canopy/hi-back and tear-drop canopy/low-back variants. Actually, I'd even buy a couple in 1/32 or 1/24! Just don't go so deep on the panel lines 😉

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AeroNautique said:

Just browsing this thread on a sleepless Monday night (or Tuesday morning?), thought I'd add my few cents worth;

Having recently returned to plastic kits and the fraternity, I'm blown away by the variety of kits and aftermarket items that are available compared to when I last butchered plastic 20 years ago....

...Having said that, I'm absolutely staggered that in 2018 there are no decent Spitfire XIV kits available in 1/48 or larger scales. If Airfix are considering doing an XIV in 1/48 for 2019, sign me up for several kits, even more so if they can produce both bubble canopy/hi-back and tear-drop canopy/low-back variants. Actually, I'd even buy a couple in 1/32 or 1/24! Just don't go so deep on the panel lines 😉

To help you rest you're weary head... a 1/48 Spitfire XIV was accidently(?) leaked early this year when Airfix announced their 2018 range. If memory serves me correctly, there was even a CAD image of it, however this was pulled down rather quickly thereafter. I and many others suspect that this kit will be part of Airfix's 2019 range, however I'm not in the 'inner circle' and this may all prove incorrect should it not/never happen. 

Cheers and good night.. Dave 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VMA131Marine said:

B-47 Stratojet

Douglas DC-2

DH Comet 4C

A-6E Intruder/EA-6B Prowler

F-14A Tomcat

Lockheed M-21/A-12/SR-71 Blackbird

At Seattle Air Museum, bigger than a He-111?

Remember they also have a B-17F there

Given that the G model seems to be selling well (3 boxings out now), an F would make sense, especially as they were also used by Coastal command.

6 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

To help you rest you're weary head... a 1/48 Spitfire XIV was accidently(?) leaked early this year when Airfix announced their 2018 range. If memory serves me correctly, there was even a CAD image of it, however this was pulled down rather quickly thereafter. I and many others suspect that this kit will be part of Airfix's 2019 range, however I'm not in the 'inner circle' and this may all prove incorrect should it not/never happen. 

Cheers and good night.. Dave 

That is indeed good news with which to catch some sleep! Was the CAD image of a bubble or tear-drop canopy variant? Beggars can't be choosers but I'd like to see both. The Airfix PR19 is a great kit, I ended up with two of them...I just hope the Airfix go a little easier on the panel lines next time (minor gripe).

Cheers Dave

2 minutes ago, AeroNautique said:

That is indeed good news with which to catch some sleep! Was the CAD image of a bubble or tear-drop canopy variant? Beggars can't be choosers but I'd like to see both. The Airfix PR19 is a great kit, I ended up with two of them...I just hope the Airfix go a little easier on the panel lines next time (minor gripe).

Cheers Dave

T'was a High back I'm pretty sure, but please don't quote me on that. Airfix's panel lines are starting to look more refined with every new release and it's not something that is being wildly criticised of late. To be honest, I'm still building some of their earlier 'Hornby era' releases and once painted and not over emphasised with a stark wash, the deep panel lines really aren't that bad in the end. I appreciate that what I like may not necessarily be what others prefer, however I'm quite happy with what they are producing and long may it continue. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

T'was a High back I'm pretty sure, but please don't quote me on that. Airfix's panel lines are starting to look more refined with every new release and it's not something that is being wildly criticised of late. To be honest, I'm still building some of their earlier 'Hornby era' releases and once painted and not over emphasised with a stark wash, the deep panel lines really aren't that bad in the end. I appreciate that what I like may not necessarily be what others prefer, however I'm quite happy with what they are producing and long may it continue. 

Cheers.. Dave 

TBH I'm not that bothered about the panel lines, the fact that they are only thing I can pick on is more indicative of the accuracy of the kit...so if they can refine those a little on the XIV, it would be damn near perfect assuming the kit is produced to the same standard as the PR19. I agree with your point about washes over-emphasizing panel lines.

3 hours ago, Scott_ said:
5 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

At Seattle Air Museum, bigger than a He-111?

That list was taken from the exhibit list on the Museum of Flight website.

14 hours ago, dnl42 said:

That's funny!

I wouldn't be surprised if, given the popularity of the recent movie with Gal Gadot, that page is a response to internet/phone queries asking if they had the article on display... :doh:

Maybe they could LIDAR Gal Gadot for a new figure kit?😌. Just a passing thought!😂

Allan

• Like 4

13 hours ago, AeroNautique said:

I keep saying it.  We're living in a golden age!  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I keep saying it.  We're living in a golden age!  :thumbsup:

Unless it's Trumpeter …… then all that glitters is not gold. :bleh:

Dick

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Albeback52 said:

Maybe they could LIDAR Gal Gadot for a new figure kit?😌. Just a passing thought!😂

Allan

The Japanese have beaten them to it: LINK. Several times, in fact! LINK.

Mike.;)

• Like 2

On 8/7/2018 at 3:58 PM, MikeR said:

The Japanese have beaten them to it: LINK. Several times, in fact! LINK.

Mike.;)

I may be showing my age, but I'd prefer to LIDAR Lynda Carter. ;)

• Haha 5

18 minutes ago, IanC said:

I may be showing my age, but I'd prefer to LIDAR Lynda Carter. ;)

I believe something like that was done for Fallout 4. 

On 8/8/2018 at 9:51 PM, mackem01 said:

How about some nice 48th interwar machines? Look how well the Shagbat went.......

Shagbat was rubbish, four too many rivets on the inner undercarriage door.  Totally unbuildable.

• Haha 2