Airfix 2019

jenko

16 minutes ago, LN-KEH said:

The team from Airfix that visited Flysamlingen in 2014 to document the He 111, returned earlier this year to measure up another aircraft.

With some 40 airframes in the collection, which one(s) are on Airfix hit-list?

Overview over the aircraft

Good tease!!  I’ll put money on a 1/72 Ju88A-1 or possibly a 1/48 Vampire F.3. The Auster would also be nice and ties in with retooling old back catalogue subjects. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Good tease!!  I’ll put money on a 1/72 Ju88A-1 or possibly a 1/48 Vampire F.3. The Auster would also be nice and ties in with retooling old back catalogue subjects. 

Cheers.. Dave 

I'd go Ju88A as well... 🤔

Ju88 probably but there are quite a few I'd like such as the T-33, F5A/B, F-86K, F-84's and the Hercules.

Paul Harrison

• Like 1

A B.E.2e would do nicely: relatively simple rework of the B.E. 2c kit.

Airfix Starfighter?  Would replace a very old tool.

I hope they DON'T do a Ju 52: with the cheap soft plastic they use, the corrugations aren't going to be anything like as good as the beautifully rendered ones in the old Heller kit.

Just doing the whole 'Century series' of fighters in sequence would work. It'd also cut down on all the guessing, along the lines of 'it was an F-103 last year so it'll be an F-104 this year'.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Seahawk said:

If they do choose an F-104, let's hope it is of early version(s): -A (never tooled), -B, -C, -D.

The later variants have been 'tooled to death'

I reckon it has got to be the Rumpler Taube - show Wingnut Wings a thing or two (!) - (and allow us with no room to build one of the most graceful aircraft to fly!).

Yours hopefully,

Ray

6 minutes ago, Denford said:

If they do choose an F-104, let's hope it is of early version(s): -A (never tooled), -B, -C, -D.

Not sure I agree.  I want Airfix's subject choices to make lots of money for them (to speed the day when they bow to the inevitable and announce a Blackburn Shark TT.III, maybe taking in a Harvard and Lysander along the way).  An F-104G with properly realised optional parts for a F-104S would surely be a good seller in Europe, even if the Revell F-104G will take some matching.  How long and with how many air forces did the F-104A-D serve?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seahawk said:

Not sure I agree.  I want Airfix's subject choices to make lots of money for them (to speed the day when they bow to the inevitable and announce a Blackburn Shark TT.III, maybe taking in a Harvard and Lysander along the way).  An F-104G with properly realised optional parts for a F-104S would surely be a good seller in Europe, even if the Revell F-104G will take some matching.  How long and with how many air forces did the F-104A-D serve?

It served with the Air Forces of Jordan, Taiwan and Pakistan: also National Guard.  Was camouflaged for service in Vietnam.

I'll agree this puts it on the 'outer limit' of which Airfix might tool.

Now if only somebody would make a 1/72 decal sheet.....

I am still hoping that Airfix will see the profit in a Mirage lll/5 in the one true scale. All those great colour schemes from Europe, Africa, Middle East. If they do it right to include 2 seaters and recce versions they would clean up for today and beyond.

Robert

• Like 4

• Julien locked this topic
16 hours ago, Denford said:

Good morning

Hasegawa 's Starfighter Kits are still available for decent prices and Italeri has produced an F104 A/C in 2014 so I don"t see the need for a new F104 while the old Esci Italeri F-5 A/B kits need to be replaced the same goes with the TBird and the F 84 Thunderstreak ...

But I must confess that I would be delighted to see some Mirage III kits ...

Patrice

• Like 1

• 3 months later...