Airfix 2019

jenko

18 minutes ago, PLC1966 said:

Shagbat was rubbish, four too many rivets on the inner undercarriage door.  Totally unbuildable.

.....and you can’t make a Mk.II because the fuselage was wooden! I confidently predict Airfix will took a whole new fuselage for that version..........

Trevor

1 hour ago, Max Headroom said:

.....and you can’t make a Mk.II because the fuselage was wooden! I confidently predict Airfix will took a whole new fuselage for that version..........

Trevor

But they could make a Mk 1 Truffle sniffer variant complete with racks for attaching pigs.  Thats the one that  had Space Hoppers under the fuselage centreline and Pogo-sticks under the wing rather than a standard undercarriage to help land in dug over muddy woodland areas.  Negating the issue surrounding the rivets.   

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sebastien said:

Sold with an Iron Maiden CD? 

Cheers, 

S. 

It would be the perfect tie-in...

I saw them in London on Saturday.  'twas amazing.

4 hours ago, Neil Lambess said:

You will be pleased to know Moebius have announced a Lynda Carter ww and it's up for preorder at culttvman website ....I KID you NOT 

http://www.jumbliesmodels.com/plastic-kits-c3/tv-film-c49/moebius-models-tv-wonder-woman-lynda-carter-figure-1-8-scale-figure-kit-p11954/s12287?gclid=CjwKCAjwns_bBRBCEiwA7AVGHj_n04w3ZkmuHFB-BLM9lha4HZU1KT8P4cY93pdRiHv_KpqlGTJZsRoCT_QQAvD_BwE

Lynda Carter. Now ya talking! Now where's my £5 deposit.....

Edit: Oh! And while we're at it, is there a Wilma Deering?

Edited by fightersweep
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, fightersweep said:

As we are talking Airfix - how about Emma Peel... Add a Lotus Elan.

1 hour ago, Caerbannog said:

As we are talking Airfix - how about Emma Peel... Add a Lotus Elan.

Or, Pussy Galore or, Honey Ryder.............!!:lol:

Allan

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Best not to mention the good Doctor in Moonraker then! 

"I think he's about to attempt re-entry":lol:

Allan

ps - While on the Moonraker/ space sort of theme, how about Airfix reissue the Saturn V/Saturn 1B. After all, next year IS the 50th anniversary of the moon landing!

pps - Yes, this is a desperate attempt to get back ON topic!:lol:

Edited by Albeback52
  • Like 4

on the

20 hours ago, fightersweep said:

James Bond "Skyhook" B-17 from Thunderball?

....Oh! And a Vulcan of course. Gift set maybe?

Just a passing thought. Was the Vulcan used in the film not a B1A?. Like the idea of the B-17!

Allan

50 minutes ago, Albeback52 said:

on the

Just a passing thought. Was the Vulcan used in the film not a B1A?. Like the idea of the B-17!

Allan

Believe you are correct Sir! We need some new Vulcans from Airfix. We could wait for the gift set.

On 8/13/2018 at 8:09 PM, At Sea said:

It would be the perfect tie-in...

I saw them in London on Saturday.  'twas amazing.

I saw them in Birmingham on Tuesday last week.

As you say, amazing.

I hope Airfix don't base any new spitfire on the one at the concert!

It was an unexpected moment when Bruce paid tribute to the women pilots who delivered planes during the war, as well as the pilots, some of whom Bruce said were just a third of his age (he's 60) when they flew in the war.

Edited by Whofan

1 hour ago, fightersweep said:

Believe you are correct Sir! We need some new Vulcans from Airfix. We could wait for the gift set.

I believe Felix Leiter flew a Bell 47 at one point in Thunderball...there's something Airfix has never kitted that could do well! 😁

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, k5054nz said:

I believe Felix Leiter flew a Bell 47 at one point in Thunderball...there's something Airfix has never kitted that could do well! 😁

Cool! We'll wait for the Bell 47 and throw that in the gift set too. 

• Haha 1

A new tool Vulcan would be more than welcome, especially if it included an option to make a B.1, or a B.1A. Or at least with alternative jet pipes for Olympus 201s and 301s.

And an HS748. Oh and an Andover E.3 please.

• Like 1

On ‎15‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 12:27, fightersweep said:

James Bond "Skyhook" B-17 from Thunderball?

....Oh! And a Vulcan of course. Gift set maybe?

Am I correct in thinking that Alan Hall did one of his splendid conversions to this variant in the original Airfix Magazine back in the late 60s/early 70s?

Sorry for wandering off topic but for me Skyhook is that wheeze Vosper Thorneycroft had for VTOL  aircraft to hover alongside a ship and be plucked onboard by a kind of glorified cherry picker arm.  So the idea of a Skyhook B-17 or Hercules was rather boggling the mind.