Airfix 2019

jenko

On 5/11/2018 at 11:28 PM, Ed Russell said:

The Swedes I have met  seemed blessed with a good, if sometimes dark, sense of humour (even for pathologists) and excellent English - a credit to their school system.

Don't know about the pathologists but I'll agree on the Swedes I've met too. If you want dark watch the original series The Bridge. If you suffer with depression a couple of hours of Swedish detective viewing will lift your spirits.

Getting back on course it seems that Airfix and their logistics partner are starting to get the hang of release dates. Just need to give quality control a nudge to avoid another Sea Fury repeat and that should give them a solid base to build a future on.  

• Like 1

Idea for Airfix; 

With the 50th anniversary of the Battle of Britain movie next year...

1: The "Don't just stand there, get one up" gift set. 1/72 Diorama set with a couple of Spitfire Mk IXs, Robert Shaw figure and North Weald diorama base

2: The "Good afternoon my ar*e" Dogfight Double set. Hurricane in Polish markings, 109 in movie markings, angry farmer figure with pitchfork.

3: The 1/72 "Have you got that posting yet" gift set. Colin and Maggie Harvey figures, MG sports car and Trackside Country Inn re-issued as the Jack Daw Inn.

4: The "God's Teeth, Take cover" HO/OO Waaf figures set with Group Captain Baker and exploding Belfast Truss hanger.

5: HO/OO "Nasty little shack, full of dead flies" Flying club gift set with HO/OO Nasty little shack, Sqdn Ldr Canfield figure, MG and golf clubs.

6: 1/6 scale Section Officer Harvey with optional frilly knickers.

Idea for Hornby: HO/OO Goring Battle of Britain movie train set. Comes with Field marshall Goring figure, armoured train and Calais Mountain range in background.

I'm sure there's loads more.....

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

On 5/16/2018 at 3:54 PM, fightersweep said:

Idea for Airfix; 

With the 50th anniversary of the Battle of Britain movie next year...

1: The "Don't just stand there, get one up" gift set. 1/72 Diorama set with a couple of Spitfire Mk IXs, Robert Shaw figure and North Weald diorama base

2: The "Good afternoon my ar*e" Dogfight Double set. Hurricane in Polish markings, 109 in movie markings, angry farmer figure with pitchfork.

3: The 1/72 "Have you got that posting yet" gift set. Colin and Maggie Harvey figures, MG sports car and Trackside Country Inn re-issued as the Jack Daw Inn.

4: The "God's Teeth, Take cover" HO/OO Waaf figures set with Group Captain Baker and exploding Belfast Truss hanger.

5: HO/OO "Nasty little shack, full of dead flies" Flying club gift set with HO/OO Nasty little shack, Sqdn Ldr Canfield figure, MG and golf clubs.

6: 1/6 scale Section Officer Harvey with optional frilly knickers.

Idea for Hornby: HO/OO Goring Battle of Britain movie train set. Comes with Field marshall Goring figure, armoured train and Calais Mountain range in background.

I'm sure there's loads more.....

No 6? Hmmm😆😆😆😆😆 my wife would kill me 😁

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Radpoe Spitfire said:

1/48th scale cottage - complete with 1960's plastic doorbell on the doorframe maybe😉

But that would make it fatally flawed and quite unbuildable!  Imagine the comments on Hyperscale!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

7. “Shut up in Polish” vic of Hurricanes.

Trevor

Plus vic of 109s in the background. Look carefully...

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

7. “Shut up in Polish” vic of Hurricanes.

Trevor

"Repeat please..."

"Oh Gawd's truth!"

"SHUT UP, SILENCE IN POLISH" 👍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 593jones said:

But that would make it fatally flawed and quite unbuildable!  Imagine the comments on Hyperscale!

It would, because he forgot the up and over garage door.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

With one and maybe two upcoming movies concerning Hurricane and Battle of Britain...

...wouldn't it be a wake up call to Airfix to make an new and correct BoB  Hurricane Mk.I with an metalwing in 1/72?

Cheers / André

• Like 6

16 hours ago, brewerjerry said:

Hi

1:24 westland whirlwind fighter, now SH are doing a 1:32 kit

cheers

jerry

Oh yes please.  Could we please have a 1/24 Tigermoth too. Please please please. 

All the best 

Chris 

2 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

1/24th scale Gladiator please! Followed by a Hawker Fury, Bristol Bulldog, and Hawker Hart/Hind.

Yep! All of those as well please!

2 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

1/24th scale Gladiator please! Followed by a Hawker Fury, Bristol Bulldog, and Hawker Hart/Hind.

yes please!!   i would except 1/48. we need good kits of these.

• Like 1

Of course, if you like 1/32 scale, the Silver Wings resin inter war RAF stuff is gorgeous. As good as any injection moulded kit I've had and a great choice of subjects.