This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Homebee

1/48 - Hawker Hunter F.Mk.6 & 6A by Airfix - released - T.Mk.7 conversion set by Aerocraft Models

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 10:08 AM, viscount806x said:

The Academy kit has a somewhat curved lower windscreen/canopy - to - fuselage line whereas it should be a straight line.

Hi, viscount, my mate.

I don't think I follow, because it's the other way round for me; that curve at the base of the windshiled is present on the Airfix kit, while it's completely straight on the Academy kit.

Would you mind further elaborating on it, please?

22 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

@Uncle Uncool

You probably already know but there is an Airfix distributor in Buenos Aires?

https://dukelhobbies.com.ar/

Do they have Hawkers finest in stock yet?

Trevor

Hi Trevor!

Thanks a lot! Yeh, I was aware that Dukel Hobbies was an Airfix local distributor, but unfortunately for me, they still don't have the new Hunter kit available, and it might as well be months until they ever have it.

22 hours ago, sloegin57 said:

The Harrier has been out for ages.

:coat:

Dennis

:fraidnot: Hmph... certainly, yeh. But I'm afraid it's more like "the Harrier has been out OF STOCK for ages", Dennis.

Cheers,

Unc2

2 hours ago, Uncle Uncool said:

I don't think I follow, because it's the other way round for me; that curve at the base of the windshiled is present on the Airfix kit, while it's completely straight on the Academy kit.

Would you mind further elaborating on it, please?

Academy kit

Hunter003.jpg&key=c6c14f9ac355da15049cf0

GJ-Hunter%2520FGA9-024.JPG&key=ca6cfb86f

Airfix

1-DSC-2914.jpg&key=8a876518fc012a0a66d31

Don't know about the windscreen, Academy got the hood shape wrong

HTH?

ps all pics off Britmodeller, the Hunter walkround is here

Troy, I still think that the Airfix windshield might be made to fit the Academy kit. Check the way the Academy windshield sits on the kit forward fuselage; see the way it butts flat at the base of the windshield? It's totally flat, while the forward fuselage shape is round.

vz6qMYT.jpg

Now, y'see how curved the base of the windshield on the new Airfix kit is? It might fit the Academy kit fine, while - at the same time - endow the Academy kit with that same curved butt joint found in the real aircraft. You see? You see? Y'seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...???

6A3RsgE.jpg

And still; good thing is that the Airfix kit brings two clear pieces for either an open or shut canopy option.

Someone go check and take piccies, please.

Cheers,

Unc2

Edited by Uncle Uncool
Anxiety turned me loco, sort of...

Well, after all, I was quite right about that wet dream I had with regard to the new Airfix windshield fitting the Academy kit like a glove.

It's like that (day 'n' dry) dream I had about the Kinetic Su-33 fuselage halves fitting the Hobby Boss Su-27. Later on, when the Kitty Hawk Su-35 kit was released, I bounced my head hard against the fridge door, and I had this epiphany about the fuselage halves on the Kitty Hawk kit fitting the Hobby Boss kit as well. This was sort of a painful reassurement, as the head needed stitches. Stitches needed injection, so the stuff did some job on me; I passed out and dreamt about the new ICM Foxbat kit lower fuselage fitting the Kitty Hawk kit to fit the wrong curvature on the latter aft of the main landing gear wells!

And the dream was damn right, as it fits that area like a charm.

I shall become a plastic guru, methinks. My IQ is 189; do you think that's the reason for these epiphanies?

Anyone thinking I'm just talking "loco", ought to go check out the fitting of these kits.

Yeh, ya ought to...

Cheers,

Unc2