1/48 - Hawker Hunter by Airfix - F.Mk.4/5/6, J34, FGA.9, FR.10 & GA.11 released

Homebee

5 hours ago, Uncle Uncool said:

:analintruder: Great news, Oceanborn!

Where did you pre-order at? Me's got to have my Airfix 1/48 Hunter F.6 fix right away.

Yeh, me has...

Cheers,

Unc2

Looks like he pre-ordered directly from Hornby in the UK. I did the same.

2 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

Looks like he pre-ordered directly from Hornby in the UK. I did the same.

Thanks a lot for the info, Mr Tsoukalos! :worthy:

Could we Argies possibly be allowed to pre-order from Hornby in the UK as well? Any link to it? :pray:

Cheers,

Unc2 

8 minutes ago, Uncle Uncool said:

Could we Argies possibly be allowed to pre-order from Hornby in the UK as well? Any link to it?

No need to preorder - its now in stock and available to purchase from the Airfix (Hornby) online shop https://www.airfix.com/uk-en/hawker-hunter-f6-1-48.html - but postage to Argentina costs more than the kit... ouch! 

Rich

5 hours ago, RichG said:

No need to preorder - its now in stock and available to purchase from the Airfix (Hornby) online shop https://www.airfix.com/uk-en/hawker-hunter-f6-1-48.html - but postage to Argentina costs more than the kit... ouch! 

Rich

That's why you order more than one.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

That's why you order more than one.

provided of course that you actually want more than one...  Order 7 and the postage is free 🙂

I was just making the point (at £45) postage is pretty expensive to some parts.

Rich

Edited by RichG

This is probably the wrong place for this entry,but my attempts to create a new topic met with failure.I have been most impressed by the new Hunter F6 kit,only feeling the need to reduce the height of the panels below the intake area.However,my 4+ reference shows a photograph of a Naca intake under the forward end of a "Sabrina"link collector. Only one of my other references confirm this feature.Several photographs,plus a drawing,show F6 aircraft with the intakes,in "Britain's Military Aircraft in Colour"by Martin Derry.Are there any "Hunter"experts who can cast some light?Perhaps a modification was introduced on the F6.It seems that these intakes were not always present.

On 1/7/2019 at 2:51 PM, Dave Fleming said:

F4 release confirmed for 2019

https://www.airfix.com/uk-en/shop/new-for-2019/hawker-hunter-f4-1-48.html

Although WP180 is actually an F5

This is true Dave even though the Airfix picture is of WP190, not WP180 (I'm assuming a typo there). But '190 is still a Sapphire engined F.5. Airfix also depict this in Suez markings, again confirming the F.5 status. Never mind, the -4 and -5 were almost identical but I believe one or two engine vents etc. were different.

1 hour ago, baldeagle said:

However,my 4+ reference shows a photograph of a Naca intake under the forward end of a "Sabrina"link collector. Only one of my other references confirm this feature.Several photographs,plus a drawing,show F6 aircraft with the intakes,in "Britain's Military Aircraft in Colour"by Martin Derry.Are there any "Hunter"experts who can cast some light?

Certainly on the Dutch F.6 still flying, there is a NACA scoop at the front of booth link collector bulges, I think they are common on F.6s and F.58s aswel.

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 4:34 PM, Kallisti said:

Mine arrived today - its a much larger box than I expected, looks nice!

:o

5 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Mine arrived ten minutes ago!  Woooohooooooo!

:(

1 hour ago, usetherudders said:

Mine arrived today, very nice!

:fraidnot:

I hate everybody...!!! :crying:

• Haha 4

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 7:28 PM, Enzo Matrix said:

That's fine.  I hate everybody who isn't me.  :lol: 

:o

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 7:47 PM, spaddad said:

Me too.

:fraidnot:

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 2:53 PM, Truro Model Builder said:

Mine arrived today as well. Woo-hoo :bounce:!

:crying:Somebody tried to see whether the Airfix spare windshield fits the Academy kit yet...???

Cheers,

Unc2

15 hours ago, Uncle Uncool said:

Somebody tried to see whether the Airfix spare windshield fits the Academy kit yet...???

The Academy kit has a somewhat curved lower windscreen/canopy - to - fuselage line whereas it should be a straight line.