Woo's 2017 builds

Wafu

Hello all, its been a very rewarding year in the shed for me, I finished a 5 year project, even found time to model a few helicopters for guys at work and did a few bits and bobs for me.

Anyway it kicked off in Feb with me finishing this Werner Wings conversion of the Trumpy 1/35 Chinook.

IMG_1709

IMG_1710

IMG_1711

Moving on from this I had to finish a very long term project, 5 years in the making. Accurate Armour's 1/35 Landing Craft Tank Mk4. this started as just a loose build but after getting into family history I discovered that my Great Uncle served with the 13th/18th Hussars and landed on D-Day. This put a whole new spin on my build, so much so that I wanted to include Uncle Jack's Sherman in the scene. So going from a general interest build to a full on homage to a family member. 

I was fortunate to get the whole 45kg's of 6'x2' base to telford this year, with a lot of help from friends and IPMS members it sat in the competition hall. Absolutely taken aback to find it won Gold in its class and Best Diorama 2017, I drove home on Sunday night with a very stupid grin on my mush.

Anyway here are a few photos..

IMG_1780

IMG_1779

IMG_1777

IMG_2706

After a S61N appeared in the Airfix magazine a guy at work who flew as a Winchman asked me to build him one, so here was his model.

IMG_2260

IMG_2259

As part of a friendly group build with the subject of 1/72 helicopters these two spawned themselves, only one made it to SMW the other to the storage boxes.

IMG_2420

IMG_2422

IMG_2176

IMG_2175

My final completed build of 2017 saw a 1/48th Italeri Chinook, built for an ex-MERT (RAF Reserve) Paramedic with two Afgan tours under his belt. Bit of a build this one, I wanted to get it just right for him both internally and externally, he's happy so I am.

IMG_2717

2018 has started with two consecutive builds over the Christmas period, both helicopters and both 1/35.

Thanks for looking and happy plastic sticking.

The Woo.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Woo,

A lovely collection, and the impressive landing craft diorama is given quite a mention in  the current Model Airplane International  report on Telford (page 49).

Edited by Whofan
correction
  • Like 1