LOTS OF STUFFS TO START OFF THE NEW YEAR...

Morning Chaps :bye:

I had an urge to kick off some of the inhabitants of the shelf of doom over the Christmas break, and actually managed to make some progress... :) 

AIRFIX MINI COUNTRYMAN 32nd Scale.

I love these Airfix 32nd scale kits. This one is quite a challenge with all the masking and that's where it stalled on the shelf. Really the only thing wrong with the kit is the horrible tyres, but at least with this one you are able to drill out the suspension to make the front wheels positionable. Add a good dollop of mud and weh hey :) 

Was very peeved to notice that the decal around the front headlight had moved... Ill sort it out at some point...

resized_75c0f705-d391-41b4-8aae-74ee6c9d

AIRFIX JAGUAR XKR GT3 - 32nd Scale 

Another in this lovely series. This builds up really nicely, until you get to the decals. To say they put up a fight is an understatement and the ones on the rear panels being the toughest to get to behave. One tip I picked up, cut the roof decals into three (windscreen, roof, rear window) so that you can get all the decalling done on the body and sealed before you put the windows in. I added a little bit of CF decals here and there on this one.

resized_41e6ef88-ae36-4942-a13d-bda90047

AIRFIX MASERATI MERAK 24th Scale 

The Zimmer frame really came out for this one as it has been lounging around on the shelf forever. This was originally a Gunze Sangyo kit and it still says so on the sprues and decals. It doesn't go together too badly, certainly shows its age in the interior (still tooled for motorised) but its just about the only Merak there is. The one big thing with this kit is that the wheels are just too small and make it look a bit silly and the decals exploded when they hit the water. Still, I'm happy with it. 

resized_7fe9a74c-975d-4a5f-b2a5-6b22c1fe

ITALERI VOLVO FH16XL & 20foot CONTAINER TRAILER

I'm getting back into building trucks (woohoo) and decided it has been faaaar too long since I built a Trailer.

Truck is painted in Tamiya Coral Blue with half of the kit suppled decals added. some small additions added to the cab,couple of newspapers and a coffee cup. :)

Trailer is built OOB, with the frame being painted Semi Gloss Black and the container Flat red with some weathering in strategic places.

resized_e577f6db-cede-4e99-a6a8-ff2b0787

resized_90109bcb-3184-48d1-95e1-e9f62887

resized_11625f0e-fdd9-414e-b1d6-0553d10b

resized_f0e68d90-94c9-47e7-836f-332d701b

resized_80d620cd-8410-49cd-af35-2f5672f7

Ok well thanks for looking...

This clears most of the shelf of doom for now...

There's still one or two lurkers, but they are getting sorted out tout suite :) 

Mad Steve.

• Like 10

They’re all very nicely done and thanks for the decal tip on the Jag. I have this in my stash to one build one day, and it’s partner, the DB9R.

I especially like the Mini, but what happened to the door mirror? :huh:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bill.B said:

They’re all very nicely done and thanks for the decal tip on the Jag. I have this in my stash to one build one day, and it’s partner, the DB9R.

I especially like the Mini, but what happened to the door mirror? :huh:

Thanks Man...

It has subsequently been stuck back on :) Seems to have fell off 

4 hours ago, MAD STEVE said:

Seems to have fell off 

Meeke probably hit a tree with it! I do like the MINI in particular, weathering looks very good! I agree about the tyres, certainly wouldn't want to be doing wet or icy Finnish forest stages on those things! Really like the colour & finish on the Merak too - can I ask what paint you used?

Nice work all round!

Keith

Hiya Keith :bye:

Thanks for that :) 

The Merak is painted with Tamiya TS 47 Chrome Yellow, then Tamiya Clear and then a quick wipe over with Tamiya Modelling Wax to get out all the fingerprints.

Mad Steve

• Thanks 1