Revell 1/72 Victor

JimF76

Hello everyone. Had a long break from building stuff, so kind of picking it all back up again, and building the one plane i never had in my collection as a kid. A victor. Had a revell one flating around, so took the plunge and started building

lots of test fitting and filling so far :)

20180104_142056_zpsjfdzvtke.jpg

20180105_141522_zpsoqp3evll.jpg

20180105_141539_zpsmceqo6ic.jpg

20180104_142048_zps0kmuhbft.jpg

• Like 3

Ol' Quack wakes up and takes notice.....:tired:

Revell Victor eh??? Is that a reincarnation of the Matchbox one?

Quite fancy doing this (in pink of course :wub:) but my skills are as yet insufficient  :dunce:

If I may I'll pull up a seat and learn a fing or two...

will it be pink?

will it be pink? :jump_fire:

will it be pink?

Brilliant! I returned to modelling late last year, and my second kit after a Vulcan was the Revell Victor! It's a great model in my opinion - and my favourite aircraft too. 

Revell are great, not too expensive, similar with the Revell Shack instead of the Airfix one. Now if only they'd do a white Vulcan!

t6tmj8.jpg

• Like 6

Thinking a Vulcan would sit quite nicely with it. Kit is pretty good. Only gripe thus far is having a lot of filling to do

Lost a few intermediate pics of the build (dont leave usb sticks in pockets in washers. they dont like it! ) But got a coat of hemp on it. Wondering if i have gone a bit overly heavy on the grime? Thoughts?  Still a little filling and bits yet to add though

20180107_183626_zpsxoyhb4dy.jpg

• Like 3

Back from a few days off, so back to it. Probably going for the op granby colour scheme included in the kit, and distressing it a bit as per the pic above. See how this one looks anyways. might be an excuse to get the airfix one .. .. ..

Little more done to to the victor. Filled and sanded some gaps, touched up some of the paint, and started some stickering. Thinking once the decals are done, a light dusting of clear satin, and re-muck over the decals and clean bits to blend it in a bit. Oh, and maybe do something with the huge white bit where the flaps are!

20180122_185549_zpsuoranhlb.jpg

20180122_185603_zpsf7fknznk.jpg

• Like 2