Afrika Korps Kubelwagen

Hi guys, after a long pause I returned to modelling and I started a new easy project, an Afrika Korps' Kubelwagen. I'm using the Tamiya's kit no. 238 in 1/35 scale and the Eduard's set no.35355 and I'm adding some little details in scratch. The wheels, the seats and the instrument panel are in posizion but don't glue. I hope you like it. 

244v59k.jpg

302zatc.jpg

n1s8eh.jpg

Bye Mike

• Like 12

• 1 month later...

I guys, new painting step. The base colour Dak.

I used the Gunze H79 to reproduce the brown Ral 8020 Dak base colour, with some tiny layers because I don't want cover totally the black base. Now I'm going to start with weathering phase. bye

avj4so.jpg

• Like 10

Yep sorry for the late reply, you are right, my mistake, I was thinking of the Mr Hobby one's (the Gunze rack and the Mr Hobby rack are right next to each other in my local Hobby store) - they spray really well, even better than Tamiy IMO, but give me a headache, I use IPA with my Tamiya which is a bit toxic too, so I go out of the room, even though I have a filter and ventilator.  I am so glad I can use Vallejo for my figures and paint them slowly. 

Paints aside - your pictures are so crisp and that was one of my favourite kits all those years back, I still have one box of the other version - not the desert wheels with the engine and the mechanic too.

Hi combat,

some time ago I had the same problem, probably is the thinner, I solve the problem with a mask with air filter, open window (also in winter) and airbrush session no more an hour.
I like the Vallejo paints , I use them for to paint the details on the kit and for the figures. I'm going to built a little base for the Kubel and I think to add one or two figures from Alpine Miniatures. I will put the photos in progress.

This kit it's very easy to build and with an pe set becomes very interesting. I found a bit of photos, if you think are useful I send through wetransfer.

Have a nice weekend.
Mike

Edited by MIKE_HUSKY

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, southpier said:

was the addition to the gas cap  (1:1) a vent/ overflow tube or a tether? thanks

the seat cushions came out swell*

*love that word - and any chance to use it!

Hi Southpier

It's a overflow tube. I found this picture on web and was useful for reproduced the detail.

21crx54.jpg

Bye

• Like 6

Like :like: the small extra detail Mike, brings out the model, amazing looking at the picture of the real one, how the tires are bald :hmmm:

Regards

Richard

• 4 weeks later...