Bell OH-58 Aeroscout.

stevej60

Hi folk's,I was spending the last of my Christmas money on a couple of thing's on King Kit and had just enough left to cover a last build for

this GB(yes definitely the last) I've not built or even seen this little kit but a look at a couple of on line reviews shows it to be a decent enough

build so this replaces the Twin Otter which sadly failed.

24685588057_f7dab12d28_o.jpg

• Like 6

Yet another Matchbox kit to strike off the "not yet on the list" list!

I've never seen the sprues for this kit either Steve, so it will be a first for both of us.

I'm sure you'll whip it into shape quick smart.

Cheers... Dave (Build list will be edited shortly).  

• Like 1

On 09/01/2018 at 15:35, John_W said:

I remember building that one. Think it was one of the very late kits before they disappeared.

It was one of the last John and it shows,crisp molding and fine recessed lines lovely glazing too I'll post sprue shot's tomorrow,

10 hours ago, John_W said:

Decals for the instruments as well I recall. You have to wonder what they would be turning out today if they hadn't gone under.

My thought's too John,I bet we would'nt be waiting for an awful lot of stuff especially in 1/72 scale that we still are now and as the sprue's

show they were really improving thing's at this stage.

Hi folk's sprue shots as promised.Molded in dark green and "khaki".

25758573088_44237e74a8_b.jpg

And a decent enough basic cockpit few decal's and a dry brush should be fine,photo's show a very dark gray or black interior

on the real thing.

27852529259_b75b2053f4_b.jpg

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, spaddad said:

Wow, this came out of nowhere!

It did Dave,I was ordering a couple of kit's from KK and thought I'd get a cheapie to finish with and never having seen the kit thought I'd 

take a punt,and  to say it fit's great and I can brush paint it as I've mentioned spraying up in the loft's a PITA,here she is as of tonight.

24769608167_85fc2b22a1_o.jpg

• Like 5

Would anyone like to comment on this kit compared to the Italeri kit?  Was thinking of modifying one of them with the MPLH gear - ( squatting landing gear, quick-folding rotor blades, horizontal stabiliser and tilting fin to allow helicopter to be transported in cargo aircraft and flown to cover 10 minutes after unloading from C-130)

PM

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Patrick Martin said:

Would anyone like to comment on this kit compared to the Italeri kit?  Was thinking of modifying one of them with the MPLH gear - ( squatting landing gear, quick-folding rotor blades, horizontal stabiliser and tilting fin to allow helicopter to be transported in cargo aircraft and flown to cover 10 minutes after unloading from C-130)

PM

Part's breakdown almost identical Patrick,not seen the Italeri kit but I would imagine much more finese in the detailing

and much better glazing.

https://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/it/kit_it_1185.shtml

Morning all,two brushed coats of green applied just a clean up of the glazing required the rotor's are ready to fit so not far to go now.

24907225177_e7f9340603_b.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 3

Hi folk's nightmare with the decal's in fact they were useless I managed to save the U S Army titles but little else,should be able to find alternate

numbers etc,I,ve painted and assembled the main rotor and should get a wash into the panels tonight so all thats left is pop in the windows after a matt

coat.Sorry again it's another awful photo had to use the flash.

25941446188_50abac10ba_b.jpg

• Like 2