Miniart 1/35 AEC Mk1 Armoured Car

robw_uk

25 minutes ago, Redcoat2966 said:

Looking good Rob.....I agree, nice finish. I take it airbrushed......what type you got if it is.

Simon

Simon, thanks. Yeah airbrushed... I have an H&S Evolution - bit knackered now but new tip really made a differece... paint is Mr Color "Sail" - find it thins really well and sprays evenly - used to use Vallejo which are also good

Yes, got the same. Someone treated me for Christmas. H&S Evolution CR Plus.......once I get me hands on the comp....I'll up and running. The MK1 is looking nice mate.....

I have to say though with British AFV's....they do look sometimes like it was described to the factory over the telephone.....:D, I was just looking at the Valentine thread. We did design some awkward looking AFV's in our time........:huh:....

Cheers

Simon.

16 minutes ago, Redcoat2966 said:

Yes, got the same. Someone treated me for Christmas. H&S Evolution CR Plus.......once I get me hands on the comp....I'll up and running. The MK1 is looking nice mate.....

I have to say though with British AFV's....they do look sometimes like it was described to the factory over the telephone.....:D, I was just looking at the Valentine thread. We did design some awkward looking AFV's in our time........:huh:....

Cheers

Simon.

ha yes.... a camel is a horse designed by committee

Great to see all the sub assemblies coming together so nicely. Amazing how much thought has to go into these armoured cars. I'm still working on the sd.kfz 222, and just started the Italeri Staghound mk 3 (simple in comparison to this - I hope !).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 04/03/2018 at 2:35 PM, robw_uk said:

. next off gloss (trialling W&N acryllic gloss to see how it goes before using) then all of 2 decals....

Nice looking kit, looking even better with paint on. How are you getting on with the W&N gloss varnish? Give it a good shake and it's good stuff. Their matt varnish is even better.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Badder said:

Nice looking kit, looking even better with paint on. How are you getting on with the W&N gloss varnish? Give it a good shake and it's good stuff. Their matt varnish is even better.

Rearguards,

Badder

i like both... the matt i had used for a while but the gloss was new (and an instant big hit)... first coat of filer on - made my own from white & naples yellow oils (read amout that combination in a magazine so thought i would try).. letting the first coat dry before i do some individual panels

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

have been working on other kits so this has stalled... but wheels on (and yes I know the front left is on backwards (basic error) - but I reckon the crew couldnt choose when they needed a spare ;-))

42780626521_1422bcaaac_z.jpgIMG_20180613_195859 by Robert Worth, on Flickr

28906667158_12beda48f9_z.jpgIMG_20180613_195910 by Robert Worth, on Flickr

• Like 6

Wondered where this one had got to Rob. Thought it had fallen off the bench.......:coolio:. Nice job mate.......I really need to take a look at some more Allied AFV's. With all these Shermans, and Brit stuff on the go in the forum at the moment....I feel left out.....:shrug:

Maybe after my window sill lineup is worked through....it'll be my next build....maybe a Cromwell......

Great job Rob.......:like:

Simon.

• Like 1

think I am going to call this one done:

27967510927_f979087501_z.jpgIMG_20180616_165559 by Robert Worth, on Flickr

42836488051_7a3efef4fc_z.jpgIMG_20180616_165547 by Robert Worth, on Flickr

41025719360_24aced6620_z.jpgIMG_20180616_165514 by Robert Worth, on Flickr

42836486551_24cbd9b467_z.jpgIMG_20180616_165533 by Robert Worth, on Flickr

better photos on RFI in the near future

• Like 6