On 1/21/2018 at 1:20 PM, MarkSH said:

Love this! great imagination and modelling skills.

Ā 

On 1/23/2018 at 6:08 AM, Tolga Uzuner said:

wow, just wow

Ā 

On 1/22/2018 at 8:01 AM, Hunter Rose said:

The tug is so cool! And the probe looks really good with the primer tying it all together

Thanks guys really appropriate it. IĀ have stalled on the pant as im not sure how i want to paint it at the moment, need some inspiration................

• Like 1

Iā€™d start by deciding what the ā€˜thingā€™ is that is being towed; is it random space junk, part of an engine from something huge being disassembled in orbit, an old satellite etc. This should then give a pointer, personally I think it looks like a message pod from something deep spacey so there is a lot of engine exhaust as well as messaging antennae. Iā€™d favour filthy white/grey at the front and alloy blackened from heat and the like towards the back where the engine exhaust is (aka the bit where the foil lid attached).

Ā 

Love the job job you did on the tug so this is all going to look good regardless of how you paint it.Ā 

Edited by The Chief Smeg
  • Like 1

Thanks all for the kind words and now I have made start on the painting of this, first off I have used a few shades of grey for shaded Ā base colour and I will mask off a few squares and hit it with some lighter gray and white in an attempt to add some panelĀ details.

Ā 

Ā 

20180201_07214720180201_072123

Ā 

Edited by rockpopandchips
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, The Chief Smeg said:

This is looking glorious. It is pretty much how I would have weathered it if I actually had the skills to do what I see in my mind when I attempt it.Ā 

Ā 

Looking really good.Ā 

Thank you, you should just give weathering a go, its not that difficult.

2 hours ago, Will Vale said:

That's going rather well. I think the grey was a good choice as it contrasts nicely with the more colourful tug.

Ā 

W

Thanks Will, i think they are looking ok together.

1 hour ago, Hunter Rose said:

Thats some nice weathering!Ā 

Cheers.

Ā 

Just finished up the probe and making a simple wood base before adding some cables between the two.

Ā 

2018-02-04_12-18-04

The white plastic on the tug will be going.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ted said:

Very imaginative scene. Love the tough look of the tug.

Thanks Ted, i still do a lot of day dreaming at 44 and need an out let for it, so i thought i would give this scratch/plastic bashing a go....:smile:.

Ā 

Sanded the wood and added a light stain, then mounted the two ships. Thinking about the cables now, using .75 mm pipe and stretched spring. A sort of magnetic hook up and umbilical.

Ā 

2018-02-04_05-48-56

Ā 

• Like 4

A bit of a back story for this build, its just for fun................

Ā 

Ā 

Morris pulled another shift to bring in one of the new deep space probes into the holding unit. He is still using his trusty type 4 tug, itā€™s looking its age but Morris knows every nut, bolt and couplingĀ on it. The starboard thruster can be a bit temperamental pulling the new type probes with its Quark gas, anti-mater hybrid thruster. The ones used for atmosphere manoeuvres are overly twitchy things and playĀ havoc with the magna-coupling toe cable, Morris still thinks you cannot beat a good old Ford EmDrive thruster, but then he is getting on a bit at 143 next month and never liked change.

Ā 

His is still very nervous about these new type probes and has herd also sort of weird things happening with the Cox-collusion drive that the probe uses to travel from system to system scanning for new bacteria strains.Ā Ā They work on 5th dimensional matter thatā€™s drawn into the probes engine (if you call it that it more like a pipe organ) by coercing an opening of the 5th dimension using the Cox principles ofĀ dimensional frequency dynamics. Support crew have told Morris they have seen ā€œthingsā€ crawling over the probe when the Cox-collusion drive starts up. The Yakult foundation insists on then being perfectly safe but thatā€™s what they said about the Mars probiotics and look what happened to those.

Edited by rockpopandchips
  • Like 2