The Banana Boat - HMS Brinton (1/350 Atlantic Models)

More detail which is small but takes a while; this time 8 oval ?inspection hatches? (again, very characteristic of the Ton class) on the funnel - 4 each side:

24952620137_491c5eaf76_c.jpg

They need a little tidy up tomorrow, but the funnel is now mostly done.

• Like 9

There will be a pause: I slipped at the weekend and broke my left wrist.  One-handed modelling is not a forte of mine... so nothing likely to happen for at least a couple of weeks.

I can still do one-handed keyboard tapping, however, so I will still post on BM.  I also have a cunning plan for what (modelling-wise) I might do until I can use my hand again.  Watch this space...

Edited by Ex-FAAWAFU
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

This is outrageous

Breaking bits of you is a terrible way to behave, consider yourself reprimanded

ESPECIALLY BECAUSE

You never even told me you was back in the boating game miladdo

Oh well whilst I wait for the pain to go away, (I know, believe me - four left elbow breaks!) I  can pop up to the start and begin

• Haha 1

Well that was nice

Expect ill informed comment from hereabouts too Crisp

And when I ask its because I haven't a clue but do desperately NEED to know stuff, 's'why I avidly read Reeman and Monsarrat as a youth

Really sorry 'bout the wrist  :(

• Like 2

Accidental three times, (dumb accident too the second time, leaning across to change the telly channel) other time a break to swing things back more like an ordinary elbow

That one was deliberate, they all needed recovery from  :(

• Sad 1

I've come late to this, just had a catch up & enjoyed it, not just for the modelling but also the chat, ships & the sea, something I've always been happy to read about & be around. I reckon I've been reading RN (& RNZN) fiction & non fiction for 50 years plus. I may not build ship models now but did in my youth, Airfix 1/600, Cossack, Nelson, Suffolk, Manxman & did I mention Fearless. :) , but I still enjoy following a good ship build & viewing the results & this promises well on both fronts. Meant say too, didn't a certain PoW do some time in a Ton at one point?

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz
  • Like 2

Very sorry to hear of your mishap, Crisp.

Hope you're on the mend quickly and can resume normal modelling. Your build had progressed very well indeed and deserves to be back underway as soon as possible.

Andrew.

• Thanks 1