Gunze thinner types

daneel

Hello guys, I wonder if anybody can be of help. Now, I know that gunze aqueous thinner thins mr hobby aqueous colors, and mr color thinner thins mr color colors... there's also mr leveling thinner that I use for thinning gunze surfacer (also, if anybody knows other uses, please chime in)...

but, does anybody know what type of color this thinner is for?

s-l300.jpg

Mr Leveling is a cellulose (lacquer for our American cousins) thinner with a retarder: It is near miraculous and if you search on this forum , there are many like me who believe its an elixir from the heavens. Its pretty amazing for thinning most acrylics like tamiya and mr hobby. Spraying it is possibly the easiest way to destroy your lungs unless you use a seriously good extractor and a VOC rated face mask. There is even a technique where you mist it over finished paint jobs to remove the edges you can get from masking or uneven priming, see the Flory forum for the guy who explains how to do this.

BTW i use  Mr Leveling for restoring tarnished metal, stained photographs, getting dried on paint off most things and the wiping mr dissolved putty off without sanding thing. My final use is to put a bottle in sight when any spelling pedants are around so they can scream that leveling has two "L"s...

Enjoy

A

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, azureglo said:

My final use is to put a bottle in sight when any spelling pedants are around so they can scream that leveling has two "L"s...

*twitch*

Next, you'll be telling us you also like their range of colors.

:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To answer the original question that Thinner was for the original Mr Hobby Aqueous Acrylics. 

As others have said the Leveling (sic) Thinner is the stuff of Gods and is wasted on just using with Mr Surfacer. I use it for all my Mr Color (cough!) applications and keep the regular Thinner for cleaning up or spraying primers etc.

Duncan B

all spelling mistakes my own unless otherwise stated