F11F-1 long nose Tiger 1:72 THE OTHER ONE!!

Hello Guys!

This is to make Mike a Tiger II

That is is the second one from 2004. I changed the odd 20 "5", the mouth and did some detailing. Code was changed from AM to AD hastily. Longnose was a shorter fun to build, because easier OOB (Sorry, i couldn't resist.) Tarmac is the same joke too....

Cheers,

Thomas

F11f_grumman_tiger

f11f   16f11f   23f11f   13f11f   33f11f   53

Edited by replicant
dubbled pics
  • Like 38
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, replicant said:

Hello Guys!

This is to make Mike a Tiger II

That is is the second one from 2004. I changed the odd 20 "5", the mouth and did some detailing. Code was changed from AM to AD hastily. Longnose was a shorter fun to build, because easier OOB (Sorry, i couldn't resist.) Tarmac is the same joke too....

Cheers,

Thomas

F11f_grumman_tiger

f11f   16f11f   23f11f   13f11f   33f11f   53

Oh,  man! The very one that I want to do, as well! Beautiful Tiger, Thomas! You are 'da man!

Mike

• Thanks 1

Love the Tiger. It looks exactly like all jets I drew on my copybooks in school. Swept everything and a pointy  fuselage.  Why don't all fighters look like that? 

I built the same kit back in the days when I finished models. I even remember where I  bought it. A toy/model shop. A Next store occupies the same spot these days.

Edited by noelh
  • Like 1

Thank you, guys!

The Tiger is a pilots plane and a wonderful piece of enginieering Art to me, i am not so interested on military effectiveness...

On 6 January 2018 at 3:22 AM, Spitfire31 said:

Have to agree with noelh – the Tiger looks just like the archetypal jet fighter.

Pit looked so good it could almost have been a Brit! ;)

Martin

• Like 1

Herewith the Blue Angels version - built in a motel room in Miami nearly 20years ago. Those decals on the underside of the wing were a nightmare. Reluctant to leave the backing sheet and prone to breaking up.

One question - I was told the u/c bays were white - did this apply to the inside of the gear doors as well?

Blue%20Angels%20Tiger_zpsgs7fvcst.jpg

Blue%20Angels%20Tiger%20underside_zpstqv

John

2 hours ago, John R said:

Herewith the Blue Angels version - built in a motel room in Miami nearly 20years ago. Those decals on the underside of the wing were a nightmare. Reluctant to leave the backing sheet and prone to breaking up.

One question - I was told the u/c bays were white - did this apply to the inside of the gear doors as well?

Hello John,

Tommys Tailspin Blogspot has thorough information for you

1. The 1.prototype was a quite different AC with even shorter nose

2. Normally Blue Angel jets had blue covers and blue struts, white wells, lot of pictures which proof that, Museum AC are better no reference, look at the fake Shorty pretending a Longnose that was at times on Intrepid

Cheers,

Thomas

The 1.prototype was a quite different AC with even shorter nose. That was what I thought but have not seen a drawing showing how short. I have a Tiger kit which I hope to build as the prototype.

John