X-planes? Did somebody say X-planes?

I'm posting this picture as a humorous response to Corsairfoxfouruncle, who stated over in SimonL's 1.72 Tamiya Bell X-1 WIP that " id like to see any X-planes as they're a Favorite of mine", something to help his day along.

These are all various 1/72 kits, from plastic to resin to vacuform, and represent only a few of mine which happen to be grouped together in the display case. They are also a favorite of mine!

2v2J2wEAoxfzdhW.jpg

Missing from this group is the Douglas D-558 II, which I have yet to build, but hoprfully will accomplish this year.

Ed

• Like 31

Great collection!

It is always pleasure to see something like this in one place. I like this FockeWulf  variant :) (white model in the center...i do not know it, first time that i see that plane)

Best regards Djordje

Hi djos,

The Bell X-5 was built after study of the never-flown Messerschmitt P.1101, an experimental German fighter, whose damaged air-frame was brought to the U.S. after the war. Although somewhat similar in appearance, the X-5 was more refined. Still prone to unrecoverable spins however, it was still the test bed for the early swing-wing concept.

Ed

Ed,

Great collection. I have some of those and the rest I would like.

I have just put a couple of my pictures of my collection on another thread by hsr which I saw before this one.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235031714-more-x-planes/&tab=comments#comment-2912752

John