Re-tooled Avenger Star Destroyer now available - Go Large

News for Star Wars fans and those who like Star Destroyers.

Good news from the new workshop of Randy Cooper Models was announced late last month. Randy has completed his revised and re-tooled Avenger class Imperial Star Destroyer 1/1500 resin model. Randy has been taking back orders for around 6 months and has started to put the waiting list into production now that he has moved home and has his new workshop set-up.

For the UK buyer, you will be looking at paying around £700 for the model once shipping has been included for export from the US. HMRC will still need to have their own share of your pocket money before it gets to your doorstep. I'm 2nd or 3rd on Randy's production list and will post a WIP thread once I get around to starting the new model although I am still recovering from building his old version.

The re-tooled model has been made more accurate and the assembly process changed although the modeller will still need the same tools and equipment required for the previous Star Destroyer model.

• re-tooled kit has been accurately lengthened
  • re-tooled kit has been accurately made shallower
  • revised tower shape and facia plates
  • re-tooled engines and hangar
  • internal structure skeleton has been re-designed
  • far more lighting friendly
  • option to have trenches and superstructure cast in clear resin (at extra cost)
  • improved overall hull and trench wall detailing
  • simplified side trench assembly
  • improved display stand
  • 96 parts
  • modellers choice to produce Avenger class or original Rogue One / ANH tower antenna options
  • far more assembly friendly overall (we hope)

Randy has been sending me photos of his re-tooling project but they are also available on his model shops Facebook site - here are some pictures of the master while in prototype production and pre-casting stages

newrcsd1

newrcsd2

newrcsd3

newrcsd4

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Randy's pouring the resin now, he's got about 40 on back order and the first 5 have shipped. Get your orders in quick......

Randy is also working on a new kit of the Hammerhead from Rogue One and he is updating his Blockade Runner

I thoroughly recommend his Sandcrawler kit - its a good 8 years or so old now but worth every cent $

• Like 2