Rogue One AT ACT

As the title says I am going to be tackle in Revells Rogue One AT ACT.

Remember when these first came out I noticed that they were "click and play"  and I thought they were not going to be something I'd waste my time on. Anyway just before Christmas Lidl's had a few models in there from Star Wars which were only a £9.99 so I thought I'd take the chance.The first thing I did was some major plastic surgery on the head to get the sound module out and the LED lighting.

38610579985_2c4aca5842_z.jpg

Edited by Neo uk
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Are you going to be replicating the missing detail on the 'chest' area between the front legs, and fixing the feet? I've got one but not being an armour modeller lack the required greeblies and the additional parts from shapeways cost as much as buying a cheap 1/48th tank kit (so in fairness that's what I'll likely do when the time comes).

This is what I've done for the round bit on the front.

38610577135_61e118c644_c.jpg

Not exactly accurate but I'm not that bothered, I've put too much work into this so far. It's made of a wheel off a Ford Taurus with a tank wheel inserted into the middle.

• Like 3

Kewl. I've just thrown one together while watching telly, now considering paint scheme for it - Don't think I'd be the first one to think Dunkelgelb plus Rotbrun and Olivgrun would rather suit it...

• Like 1

These feet are so basic. Lots to do on them

I made a template from Tamiya putty to help scribe panel lines on all the feet.

38610576405_cdc2b7d859_o.jpg

Once I'd scribed them all an added more panel detail. I'm thinking it would've been quicker to do one and make a mold of it.

39667248051_1efc8df7f0_o.jpg

Still a bit more to do yet.

Edited by Neo uk
  • Like 3

this is really going places - this extra detail is going to look brilliant on the finished model.

Having glanced back again at the snap fit version on my office desk table, I can really appreciate how much better yours will look in all its completed glory

He is the tiny hidden ( sort of ) switch that now does the electrics. Hopefully now one will notice it that much.

24924752837_5f9e7a73b0_z.jpg

Just noticed the seam I missed as well.

Nearly finished with the base colour. Got a bit more to do then weathering and decide what happens with the big orange panels.

25922676468_0c0fc0aace_o.jpg

Little video showing the electronics working and the benefit of a bigger speaker.

Still got to dim those gun lights.

28016507969_d5f0bc8dce_o.jpg

Edited by Neo uk
  • Like 3

I'm calling this finished now. I just got to make it an appropriate base but the main construction and painting's done.

Put quite a lot of work into making this look not so much of a toy.

2018-01-22_03-05-57

Had to drill three holes and two slots in each side of the container pod because surprise surprise Revell didn't include them.

2018-01-22_03-06-13

2018-01-22_03-06-28

Edited by Neo uk
  • Like 9