1/48 Academy - IAF AH-64D Saraf

Hi,

That's my latest build. Israeli Apache, AH-64D Saraf. Kit made by Academy, bought cheaply for 8 quid if I remember, it was ok at first glance. Then I bought a Aires cockpit set and a set of decals by Armycast. On top, I wanted to paint it with Hataka IAF paint set for modern rotors. Oh, and of course Eduard masks for canopy.

Ok, where do I start.. Oh yeah, I had to adjust a cockpit to fit Academy kit (originally designed for Hasegawa), a lot of mess, but quite easy. Cockpit itself is absolutely BRILLIANT! Well detailed and well designed. Then I moved to the kit.. First disaster. Bad fit, even worse instructions, flash on most parts, etc. I was on a brink of depression. But at some point decided that it's not gonna be a masterpiece (never meant to be:P) so I'll just do whatever is necessary to just finish the model. I wasn't easy, trust me. Finally got to the stage of painting. Another disappointment - Hataka paints. I bought them because I've read some reviews that they're hassle free, easy to use and working well. I was struggling to even finish the first coats. Couldn't find the right ratio, airbrush constantly clogging etc. I've managed to spray base sand colour and gave up. Finished with some mixture of Tamiya paints. Very disappointing as set wasn't cheap. At least decals were brilliant as the cockpit.

Anyways, managed to get to the end of the build and the result you can see below.  I know, that there are parts missing, I know there is vast amount of errors referring to israeli version of the aircraft, but I simply couldn't care less after a disaster that this kit was.

Please be kind..

10r7cpd.jpg

358e9mq.jpg

2akadue.jpg

200xl75.jpg

15d16j6.jpg

z2546.jpg

dmtqhg.jpg

ok5tdz.jpg

25kmpag.jpg

rabtpv.jpg

2ly65xw.jpg